Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Technical Program Management Team
Technical Program Management partners with all areas of the business and the technical delivery teams to drive our portfolio of Internal Tools projects and programs from request through implementation and ongoing lifecycle management. It’s our mission to help all of Thumbtack get more done through technology and cross-functional coordination while optimizing value.
About the Role
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager of Pro Experience, you are a critical partner and subject matter expert for all teams within the Pro Experience organization (Product Operations, Digital Experience, Content, Outbound Chat, Refund Operations, Quality Assurance, and Enablement). You will work closely with these teams and their leaders to design, implement, and refine business tools and processes, and to provide close support to ensure business continuity, give critical insight, and improve effectiveness.
- Discover business needs and strategic opportunities through thoughtful analysis and close collaboration with Pro Experience leaders, functional teams, development teams, and outside sources
- Partner with Pro Experience teams and tech leads to define comprehensive requirements, design viable, scalable, future-proof solutions, and translate them into actionable project plans and tasks
- Utilize agile project management framework and techniques to plan, document, and manage initiatives from conception through delivery and closure including driving quarterly and annual planning
- Work closely with application administrators and developers to deliver prioritized solutions
- Keep cross-functional stakeholders, contributors, and other interested parties engaged and up-to-date on project status and relevant details
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of relevant experience in the field
- Expert in agile project management and prioritization methodologies and root cause, process, and business analysis
- Ability to proficiently work with and manage technical projects related to the following:
- Salesforce (including sales, service, and marketing solutions)
- Content management systems and associated web development
- SaaS/cloud-based technologies and integrations
- Relational databases and SQL
- Track record of creative, design-thinking that translates into solutions optimized for both business outcomes and user experience
- Outstanding communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with and adaptable to changing dynamics and priorities
- Previous experience in marketing, operations, or survey/feedback management
- Basic understanding of programming, ETL data management, APIs
- Previous leadership experience
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.