Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Thumbtack Philippines provides customer support, marketplace trust and safety operations, product support, and various knowledge and shared services support for our internal teams globally. If joining one of Silicon Valley’s top tech startup companies and being part of a world-class team in Manila sounds like a good career move for you, then come check out this job role we’re pooling for.
About the Role
At Thumbtack, we live by the value of customer obsession. As a QA Analyst, you will make certain our team members and systems are providing the best customer experience to our pros and customers. Your primary mandate as QA Analyst is to review cases to identify trends, insights, and behaviors, and ensure they meet our standards. These cases could vary from actual customer interactions to decisions made by our machine learning program.
About the Team
- This role is an individual contributor reporting directly to the QA Lead or Manager.
- Though an individual contributor, this role requires collaboration and mindshare with other members of the quality and operations team.
- Interactions with Thumbtack vendors are also expected if audit assigned supports the said vendors.
- Some level of work and interaction with Salt Lake customer experience team members are expected.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Audit the required number of cases and interactions as assigned. Audit may vary from interaction monitoring to auditing for machine learning for our AI program.
- Maintain a record of audits and evaluations done.
- Publish reports on collated audits and evaluations containing key insights that will help operations stakeholders improve overall program performance and service delivery.
- Attend or facilitate calibration sessions and quality meetings.
- Lead or take part in quality and process improvement related ad-hoc projects and analysis.
Qualifications & Educational Background
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 2 year of related experience in quality assurance or at least 3 years of work in a customer service setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in any course or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Thumbtack product knowledge is an advantage.
- Lean, Six Sigma or other process improvement and quality body of knowledge is an advantage but not required.
- Excellent aptitude for research, navigation and investigation.
- Able to publish reports using quality and analytics tools.
- Proficient in the use of Google Forms, Sheets, Docs and Slides.
If you think you fit the bill, you may share with us your profile by applying to this job. Take note that this is for pooling only and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as we’re ready to open the role.