Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Business Applications Team
We deliver trusted, scalable, secure services and infrastructure to empower Thumbtack employees with the tools they need to get work done. We partner with the business and own our platform of internal tools throughout their lifecycle -- intake, prioritization, buy/build, implementation, support and retirement.
About the Role
As an Application Administrator at Thumbtack, you’ll focus on building applications and tools which help our teams bring the Thumbtack vision to life. You’ll collaborate with engineers, product managers, end users and operations leaders to execute on a broad range of projects.
- Drive technology projects to completion, with a tenacious focus on business impact while prioritizing tasks to deliver on goals with a sense of urgency.
- Solve tough technical problems.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to plan and execute projects.
- Design, implement, enhance and maintain applications, primarily on the Salesforce platform
- Administer other technology platforms / tools (Five9, Qualtrics, Heroku, Pardot, Salesforce Integrations)
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- You have a proven track record of success as a Salesforce Administrator with at least two years experience.
- You know what it means to build high-quality, maintainable, scalable tools or applications -- and you enjoy doing it.
- You can break down complex problems rigorously and understand the tradeoffs needed to deliver great, impactful tools and applications.
- You’re curious, you’re data-driven, you love to ask questions, and you think critically about problems.
- You’re comfortable communicating about your work with both technical and non-technical team members, including engineers, product managers, designers, analysts and end users.
- You love delivering value to your users and your teammates through your work.
- You have experience working with sales teams, such as providing technical support and building tools to support sales process’.
- You’ve worked with other technology platforms and tools including CRMs, contact centers, analytics tools, and survey tools.
- You’ve driven the development of complex projects or feature areas over the course of several months.
- You’ve demonstrated your ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have proven experience supporting Salesforce Sales Cloud and Service Cloud
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.