Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, you shouldn’t have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the People Team
Our People team believes in the power of our people.
We know that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything; and we are inspired by this every day.
We do this by crafting an employee experience that starts from hiring incredible people, investing in their development, and providing a holistic approach to benefits and wellbeing.
About the Role
The Organizational Development (OD) Program Manager will help to design and implement programs designed to support Thumbtack employees in a remote-first environment, including performance management, manager training, and career development. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who is able to bring innovative approaches to old programs as we adapt them to new environments. This cross-functional role is a part of the People team and reports to the head of Employee Experience.
Program management - Own design and implementation of several L&D programs
- Serve as primary owner for three key L&D programs: performance management, career development, and manager training. Develop the strategies and key components of these programs and secure leadership buy-in for them.
- Develop structured project plans to ensure successful implementation of long-term, complex programs. This includes identifying and tracking key milestones as well as scoping workstreams and dependencies.
- Manage stakeholder relationships to ensure timely execution against plans.
- Work with People Analytics to identify and track key metrics related to initiatives and develop and deliver reporting based on those metrics.
Training and facilitation - Facilitate trainings and help uplevel other potential facilitators
- Develop content for trainings.
- Facilitate trainings, including remote trainings, in a way that drives learning goals and promotes inclusion and belonging.
- Identify novel ways to approach training and facilitation given our remote-first environment and multiple time zones.
- Identify possible vendors to support efforts and manage relationships with relevant external partners, including potential training solutions.
User empathy - Understand the needs of Thumbtack employees and our business
- Understand and prioritize the needs of our employees through a combination of quantitative (e.g., employee engagement surveys, pulse checks, exit surveys, etc.) and qualitative feedback.
- Understand the (learning) needs of Thumbtack as a business so that our L&D efforts reinforce our business strategy and equip us for future success.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of experience in an L&D or organizational development role
- 3+ years of program management experience
- Training and facilitation experience.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.