Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the People Team
Our People team believes in the power of our people. We believe that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything; and we are inspired by this everyday.
We do this by crafting an employee experience that starts from hiring incredible people, investing in their development, and providing a holistic approach to benefits from education and wellness, to providing top-notch food from our in-house culinary team.
About the Role
The Performance Lead is responsible for creating, improving, and maintaining our performance management and engagement programs. You will have a passion for identifying development opportunities for our employees, managers, and leaders. You will be committed to delivering a simple, transparent and fair process that recognizes and rewards our employees based on impact. You will always be seeking for opportunities for continuous improvement in the way we recognize, reward and develop employees throughout their career. You will work closely with peers in People Analytics, Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion to embed a culture of continuous growth and feedback.
- Own all aspects of performance management, including formal annual review cycles, recognition and reward programs, and creating a culture of continuous feedback
- Identify, implement, and develop performance management and recognition technology and tools
- Partner with Learning & Development to develop and deliver employee and manager training
- Work with People Analytics and Diversity & Inclusion to ensure consistent, fair and equitable performance management and recognition processes
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of organizational development experience
- 2+ years of leading performance management, engagement or recognition programs
- Strong experience developing and implementing effective people programs with a focus on engagement, retention, and development success metrics
- Strong cross-functional teamwork and project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing and delivering training
- Experience identifying, selecting, and implementing software
- Experience working in a rapidly growing tech company
- Experience designing or delivering performance management for exempt and nonexempt employees in multiple global locations
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.