Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Team
The Campaign Manager will sit on the Sales Operations team here at Thumbtack. The Sales Operations Team is a fast evolving team designed to increase the productivity and effectiveness of our sales teams. The Sales Operations Team assists our sales partners in the following areas:
- Strategy and planning
- Improved tools and processes
- Analytics and reporting
- Campaign Development
- Pipeline Management
Our Sales Operations team works closely with our Enablement, QA, and Success Operations teams to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all front-line, proactive agents. We are passionate about providing clear insights, processes, playbooks, and systems to enable our internal teams to make the biggest possible impact on Thumbtack's success.
About the Role
We are looking for a resourceful, responsive, and creative individual to join our Sales Operations team and be responsible for developing, executing and optimizing our sales & marketing campaigns. As the Campaign Manager for Thumbtack's Sales Operations team in Salt Lake City, your campaigns will target potential Sales leads, that will go on to be high-value professionals on Thumbtack. This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Sales Operations and the Campaign Manager will be their trusted partner in determining objectives, defining strategies, and implementing tactics in a scalable and sustainable way.
- Identify personas, define the buyer’s journey, and ensure a consistent professional experience across touchpoints
- Develop and execute sales campaigns: audience segmentation, talking points/call scripts, nurture emails, and collateral
- Create new content, such as case studies and webinars
- Own the email execution for your campaigns: list uploads, sequence development, automation setup
- Optimize campaigns and measure frequent A/B tests on sales cadences, emails, and content
- Partner with the QA team and regularly complete side-by-sides with sales reps to gather feedback and learnings from your campaigns, in order to make improvements to future iterations
- Regularly report out the results of your campaigns with your cross-functional stakeholders
- Partner with Growth Marketing to identify & test new lead sources
- Assist in identifying new processes and tools that will increase marketing automation, improve efficiency, and reduce manual workload of GTM agents
- Become better at what you do every day!
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor degree OR 5+ years of experience in a marketing, customer success, sales, or consulting role
- 4+ years of experience in a marketing or operations-related role
- 2+ years of experience using Salesforce or a marketing CRM
- 2+ years experience using a variety of success management tools (email tools, calendar booking tools, chat platforms, etc.)
- Past project management experience
- Technology enthusiast, positively curious, and eager to build and learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment, but also help build scalable and sustainable processes
- Experience with analyzing data, deriving and communicating insights
- Ability to create basic reports in Google sheets and basic presentations in Google slides
- Strong ability to build and nurture trusted relationships
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.