Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Team
The Senior Sales Operations Analyst will sit on the Sales Operations team here at Thumbtack. The Sales Operations Team is a fast-evolving team designed to increase the productivity and effectiveness of our sales teams. The Sales Operations Team assists our sales partners in the following areas:
- Strategy and planning
- Improved tools and processes
- Analytics and reporting
- Campaign Development
- Pipeline Management
Our Sales Operations team works closely with our Enablement, QA, and Success Operations teams to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all front-line, proactive agents. We are passionate about providing clear insights, processes, playbooks, and systems to enable our internal teams to make the biggest possible impact on Thumbtack's success.
About the Role
TheSenior Sales Operations Analyst acts as a business advisor to our sales team members and sales leadership. You are responsible for providing a wide range of strategic, analytical, and operational support for the sales organization. You will generate insights into all aspects of the sales process and enable the sales organization to increase efficiency and make better decisions, faster. You lead efforts to craft scalable solutions for automation, dashboards and business insights. You will work with both interdepartmental and/or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects and programs.
You are an individual with superb communication and analytical skills who can successfully pivot between multiple projects and operational functions. You can use data to tell a compelling story and enable the decision-making process.
- Consult with sales leadership, analyzing data from multiple systems and helping to improve overall sales processes
- Design, lead and implement high-impact initiatives to increase efficiency and improve our sales KPIs
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to drive efficiency
- Partner and consult with sales leaders, finance, legal and people teams on scalable compensation and incentive programs.
- Analyze and make recommendations to resolve compensation-related issues
- Develop and track metrics to assess the effectiveness of the sales incentive compensation program
- Transform complex data sets into easy to use metrics in a data visualization platform (Tableau, Excel)
- Craft evidence to support a point of view and draw definitive conclusions and present findings in written and verbal formats to sales leadership
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in program management, process improvement and/or operations in a sales environment.
- 3+ years experience utilizing data and analytics to formulate sound program objectives, solve business problems, and drive process improvements.
- 2+ Years of SQL and Excel modeling experience.
- Proficient with Tableau or other BI Tools
- Proven ability to communicate with business and technical audiences at all levels, including demonstrated success influencing senior leaders and decision-makers
- Experience defining KPIs and success metrics for complex programs.
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- Experience with agile or other program management methodologies.
- Experience analyzing and optimizing compensation/rewards programs a plus
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.