Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Creative team.
We’re a tight-knit, collaborative group on a mission to make Thumbtack famous. Champion of quality, you’ll be planning and facilitating the execution of a high volume of world-class creative across media—web, native app, TV, print, event design, and more. To meet the challenge, you’ll lead a team of Creative Producers who collaborate with designers, writers, photographers and video editors, and cross-functionally with our Marketing, Product and Support teams.
About the role.
We’re looking for a Managing Producer who will be a conscientious leader to a growing producer team. The Managing Producer will be instrumental in helping to scale the creative team’s work by recognizing that each producer is a catalyst and conduit for production process improvements and efficiencies. Their years of experience endows them with the power to juggle multiple projects while keeping composure and always remaining calm under pressure. They will be responsible for building strong relationships with partners and reports. The Managing Producer must be able to compromise when possible and be firm when necessary.
- You’ll be a deputized brand ambassador, ensuring quality and a high degree of polish while helping to expand and maintain our production prowess.
- Manage the Brand Creative team’s quarterly plan and consistently following up to ensure projects are on track.
- Manage a team of Producers who will manage, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders and senior management.
- Understand where each piece of the puzzle fits inside the bigger system. You can create sustainable project management solutions that consider the operative side of creative.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal partners at Thumbtack and external vendors, establishing credibility across all workstreams.
- Devise ways to improve communication and processes within the producer team and the greater creative team, creating reusable processes to take projects from brief to production. You stay up-to-date with the latest tools to drive ever increasing efficiencies in the project management workflow.
- Partner with leads of Production to develop long term strategies to enable scalability.
- Ensure all deliverables are meeting business partner expectations, including adherence to established timelines, budgets and legal requirements.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 6+ years in a print and digital production role, managing projects or teams
- Strong knowledge of design and development processes
- Understanding of business and functional requirements
- Experience managing clients and/or stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
- 4+ years of experience managing and/or mentoring
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, ambiguous, and tech work environment
- Maintains an exemplary attention to detail when managing project planning efforts and scheduling
- Expert level knowledge of Google Suite
More About Us.
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.