Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
These customers and pros come from all walks of life and every zip code in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers and pros.
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of Recruiters, Recruiting Coordinators, Sourcers, and Operations Specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
Our Technical Recruiting team is passionate about attracting the best talent on the planet. To that end, Thumbtack is looking for an extraordinary, multi-faceted Recruiting Leader to lead all of Technical Sourcing for the Engineering Recruiting team. Reporting to the Global Head of Recruiting, you will be based in San Francisco, CA and be responsible for building and feeding talent pools for our Engineering teams. We are looking for an authentic and data-driven leader who will partner closely with recruiting leadership to create and execute a forward-looking hiring plan that enables our company’s strategy and creates a competitive advantage to our key market competitors. You will collaborate closely with other critical stakeholders, and be seen as a trusted adviser across the company.
- The ideal candidate will bring a robust deep business acumen for how technical talent delivers and grows business outcomes and quickly interpret Thumbtack's strategic direction, challenges, and opportunities into a full-scale technical recruiting strategy.
- This person must be a builder at heart, deeply passionate about technology, who can not only operate at the strategic level but also be hands-on in managing and guiding the team.
- Oversee recruiting sourcing strategy and execution for Thumbtack's Engineering teams.
- Build and lead a best-in-class Technical Sourcing team, and play an integral role in delivering top tech talent in a hyper-growth environment.
- Partner with recruiting leaders to understand Thumbtack's recruitment strategy and hiring goals, and build a sourcing strategy that complements our tech business, providing industry insight, talent mapping, and competitive intelligence.
- Partner with our Talent Operations Manager team to design and develop recruiting reports and dashboards to analyze, forecast, track and communicate key operational metrics to the business, while using metrics to drive operational excellence across the team.
- Stay abreast of new trends in the industry and marketplace and maintain up-to-date knowledge of recruiting issues related analytics and compliance relative to our recruiting efforts.
- Innovate hiring methodologies by identifying unique and non-traditional sources to find top talent.
- Partner with our Diversity & Inclusion Lead to develop effective D&I sourcing strategies enabling us to diversify our Engineering organization.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 8+ years of overall full cycle recruiting experience.
- A leader who operates with focus, efficiency and heart.
- The majority of experience should be focused on technical recruiting - in a fast-growth technology company.
- Experience in running an efficient Talent Sourcing function.
- Proven track record of developing people, leading and managing high-performing teams in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Consistent track record in driving efficiency in the use of technologies, process, and workflow.
- Proven success partnering with leaders cross-functionally.
- Proven excellence in relationship building, consulting, negotiation skills both internally and externally.
- Data-driven and results-oriented mindset that demonstrates critical thinking abilities and an analytical and quantitative approach
- Willingness to travel domestically as needed. Part of the team is based in Draper, Utah
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.