Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Growth Marketing Team
Growth Marketing at Thumbtack is at the intersection of marketing, data, and technology. We are agile and flexible, we move fast, and we partner with our cross-functional teammates (Brand, Engineering, Product, Analytics) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace.
About the Role
Mobile App is the future of our marketplace. Consumers increasingly expect to get things done on their phones, and the Thumbtack app allows them to do that with ease. The Growth Marketing Manager, Paid Mobile User Acquisition will lead Thumbtack’s efforts to acquire more Mobile App customers through paid marketing channels.
- Define & iterate on Thumbtack’s strategy to increase mobile app adoption & engagement through paid marketing channels
- Manage, optimize, and grow existing paid mobile advertising programs (Facebook, Google, Apple, Ad Networks, DSPs, etc.) while adhering to KPIs
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and ad partners to grow a list of trusted partners that can support Thumbtack’s growth
- Develop & test best-in-class creative, in partnership with Thumbtack’s Brand Marketing team and vendors
- Own tracking & measurement of paid mobile app KPIs (ROAS, incrementality, lift, activation, fraud monitoring, etc.) using a combination of Mobile Measurement Partners and in-house data.
- Collaborate with cross-functional growth team members and communicate paid mobile acquisition results & key insights to the broader team
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 2-4 years direct experience managing Paid Mobile User Acquisition at scale across multiple channels and ad networks, while exceeding specific KPIs
- Demonstrated experience improving performance of Paid Mobile campaigns through testing, optimization, automation, and creative
- Ability to manage relationships with a large portfolio of ad vendors and partners
- Ability to define 6-12 month roadmap with aggressive milestones, and then execute on that strategy efficiently
- Ability to thrive within a fast paced, high stakes but incredibly supportive Growth Marketing team
- Strong proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookups, basic modeling), favoring candidates with SQL experience
- Clear, concise communication style and comfort working with a diverse group of people.
- BA / BS degree. Focus in marketing or quantitative discipline (Statistics, Business, Economics) preferred
- Experience managing App Store Optimization (ASO)
- Experience with other digital marketing channels
- Experience in a two-sided marketplace app/company
- Experience at a high growth tech company
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.