Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge —$1 Trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros
About the Recruiting Team
We’re a team of recruiters, recruiting coordinators, sourcers, and operations specialists who partner with every function of the business to drive the recruiting process at Thumbtack. Our mission is to engage, excite, and hire people who will achieve their career potential and contribute to the company’s success. We do this by identifying the right individuals for the right roles, assessing them rigorously and without bias, and inspiring them to become advocates of our business and values.
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced and talented Senior Business Recruiter to help build our San Francisco team. Our ideal candidate has successfully recruited at early-stage tech startups and is eager to take on the challenge of rapidly growing our company. We insist on extremely high recruiting standards with a focus on candidate experience. You should have experience at all stages of the recruiting cycle, and a particular passion for partnering with, and closing, candidates actively in the process. As one of the most senior people on the team, you are motivated to set a new standard for recruiting at Thumbtack, and mentor others to match your performance. Most importantly, you are excited to experiment with new approaches to recruiting in collaboration with our Recruiting Operations team.
- Full cycle recruiting for our SF based business and non-technical roles
- Take ownership of business candidates from our referral, outreach and inbound sourcing programs, leading a memorable candidate experience regardless of outcome.
- Proactively collaborate and calibrate with the recruiting and hiring teams to ensure a positive interviewer and candidate experience.
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring team and senior management and ensure high close rate for your candidates.
- Track and understand relevant metrics for your activity and pipeline and actively share your progress with peers and hiring teams.
- Proactively contribute to improving Recruiting at Thumbtack - with real time feedback on specific candidates, but also by challenging the status quo and providing useful suggestions for improvement.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 4+ years of experience as a full-cycle business/non-technical recruiter in-house, in an agency, or both
- Strong G&A and business knowledge
- Startup experience is a huge plus, especially in a similarly sized company
- Well-rounded and diverse experience in identification and engagement of top non-technical talent
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Interested in Thumbtack’s mission and contributing to the success of the company
More About Us
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done—from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $420 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and Google Capital.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.