Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the IT Team
Thumbtack’s IT team is passionate about operational excellence, whether that’s process improvements, automating the hell out of things, or helping find that next amazing app for our internal teams. We understand that if we get this right we can focus more of our attention on the things that matter to the business - namely innovation and becoming a trusted business partner. We strive to deliver the best IT service our users have experienced. Ever.
About the Role
We’re looking for a seasoned IT Systems Engineer, Network to design, build and support our internal network and systems. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of cloud-hosted services, authentication and access systems, networking, security, and the nuts and bolts of building office infrastructure. As with most startups, you will need deep technical skills and a willingness to take on all challenges big and small. You understand the importance of building strong relationships with global customers, business partners and IT team members alike. You have excellent communication skills, a passion for technology and dedication to delivering world-class services, mentoring others and driving best practices within the team.
- Design, build, manage and optimize highly-available, scalable systems & network infrastructure
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve advanced issues related to supported systems & services
- Proactively monitor systems and network security, stability, and performance
- Coordinate and lead 24x7 support (on-call rotation) for critical infrastructure components
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify areas for systems improvement and actively work to improve the quality, reliability, and supportability of existing infrastructure
- Lead team and company projects under the direction of IT leadership
- Enable technical innovation and efficiency through automation where possible
- Implement and own critical processes (change/incident/service management, post-mortems)
- Maintain security standards (firewalls, patching, two-factor authentication, VPN, access)
- Manage relationships and costs for vendors and 3rd-party partners
- Participate in interviewing, training and mentoring team members
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3-5 years of hands-on systems or networking experience in a distributed, enterprise environment
- Outstanding communication, attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to make thoughtful proposals, provide root cause analysis and demonstrate results through testing and metrics
- In-depth knowledge of common services & protocols: DNS, IPSec VPN, DHCP, RADIUS, OSPF, SNMP, BGP
- Experience with authentication/access control systems: AD, LDAP, Okta, SAML, OAuth2.0/OIDC
- Experience supporting monitoring, alerting and logging tools: Zenoss, Syslog, Nagios, etc.
- Proficiency in various scripting languages: Python (preferred), Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Understanding of network security incident response methodologies and tools
- In-depth experience with any of the following systems (the more the better): Palo Alto Networks, Aruba, Infoblox, HP switching/routing, Okta, Azure AD, Splunk
- Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or other cloud platforms
- Strong knowledge of Okta or other SSO/Identity Management applications
- Experience managing G Suite for Business
- Formal Project Management experience
- Good sense of humor!
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008, and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.