Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Growth Team
Growth Marketing at Thumbtack is at the intersection of marketing, data, and technology. We are agile and flexible, we move fast, and we partner with our cross-functional teammates (Brand, Engineering, Product, Analytics) to drive growth on both sides of Thumbtack’s marketplace.
About the Role
Our written content, such as cost guides, drives organic visits and introduces individuals to Thumback. We’re looking for a Content Marketing Manager to own efficient production of quality, on-brand, and SEO-driven content at scale. This role will work cross-functionally with our SEO Growth Marketing Manager and Brand Manager to strategize a monthly content plan, and own the production funnel from ideation to publication. In addition to playing a key role in ideating new content types to drive additional organic traffic, the Content Marketing Manager will also act as a partner for cross-functional teams when content needs arise.
- Own and drive Thumbtack’s content marketing strategy for Thumbtack Cost Guides & How-To Articles, Question and Answer Pages, and our service specific landing pages
- Use our content management platform to assign articles to a team of freelance writers and internal copy team, edit articles for SEO and clarity, and funnel to key stakeholders for approval. Publish final pieces and report on results
- Work with our analytics team to pull project and cost data that sets our content apart from our competitors
- Work with Brand Marketing team to produce and test photos, videos, and other multimedia elements on content pages
- Actively participate and share ideas for SEO testing experiments
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent editor with 2+ years experience in both SEO and editorial content with a track record of strategizing and shipping high-ranking web content
- Solid network of freelance writers and editors
- Experience managing a team of writers and budget efficiently
- Superb communication skills and an eye for detail
- Analytical mindset
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Experience with SEO tools like Ahrefs and Searchmetrics
- Some knowledge of / experience working with home improvement content
- Experience A/B testing content for featured snippets and other Google related SERP features
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records