Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Analytics team:
Thumbtack’s Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with empowering Thumbtack to use data to guide decisions. We collaborate with teams across the company on a wide variety of impactful projects; everything from exploring click-level data on user experiences to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance.
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced analyst with an appreciation for great marketing and a passion for storytelling through data. We want an analyst who can embed with our marketing team to constantly improve our understanding of our audiences and what it takes to build brand love. You’ll influence our marketing investment strategy by bringing rigor to our understanding of the data to inform what we do. You’ll work collaboratively with finance, marketing, engineering and product. This role offers a chance to work on a fast-growing company and emergent brand, and will join a world-class analytics team.
- Define, measure, track, and communicate key success metrics to assess the performance and impact of our marketing programs
- Own marketing relationship with Business Analytics and FP&A, including forecasting as an input to company planning
- Partner with brand and growth marketers to understand their operational metrics and connect them to company and finance/reporting metrics
- Partner with marketing, engineering and the rest of the analytics team to ensure proper instrumentation of tracking
- Champion marketing analytics best practices across the business
Must have qualifications:
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in consulting, business, finance, or marketing analytics roles.
- Degree, preferably in mathematics, economics, statistics, operations research, econometrics, or similar quantitative analytics discipline.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Ability to move fast and independently define objectives, strategies, and tasks.
- Ability to collaborate across teams, functions and geographies to drive action and results.
- Proficiency with analytical tools like R, Stata, Python, MATLAB, SAS, or EViews
- Experience running and analyzing surveys, and proficiency with survey tools
- Prior experience with digital marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - be able to take complex math and analytical concepts and explain to working teams and client executives.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $420 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- See what it’s like to work here
- Meet the pros who inspire us
- Engineers on a mission
- Follow us on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In the course of the job application process, we may collect the following categories of PI for the purposes of evaluating you as a job applicant:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, passport number, social security number, or other similar identifiers;
- Professional or employment-related information.
We will not collect any additional categories of personal information or use your personal information collected for any other purpose without providing you with additional notice consistent with the CCPA.