Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Role
As a part of the Trust and Safety Operations team, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly-engaged team that creates massive impact for our customers, pros, Thumbtack, and is dedicated to making our marketplace a better place.
We value the incredible people on our team and are committed to their continued personal and professional development. You will be the primary driver of learning and development projects for the Trust and Safety Support Ops team.
As an expert in learning experience design, you’re uniquely qualified to create and facilitate trainings that will be instrumental in developing our team. You’ll help drive process improvements, identify roadblocks, and promote a culture of learning and development within our department.
You’ll also help implement learning and training for teams impacted by Trust and Safety concerns within the organization. This involves creating partnerships across departments with other Learning and Development partners, leading or consulting on the analysis and design phases of new trainings, facilitating trainings, and ensuring we are targeting the right behaviors to drive success for Trust and Safety and Thumbtack.
- Be the primary driver of learning and development projects and initiatives on the Trust and Safety Support Ops team.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with organizational stakeholders to gain insight into goals, skills gaps, and training opportunities and how that correlates with the Trust and Safety organization.
- Help build Trust and Safety training materials to increase understanding across key cross-functional teams in multiple offices.
- Develop, design and create visually appealing presentations to educate support teams on Trust and Safety initiatives.
- Partner with Trust and Safety Leadership to provide growth opportunities for our team.
- Facilitate classroom training experiences and workshops, including new hire on-boarding and be a key influencer in helping team members succeed within their roles.
- Be exceptionally knowledgeable of the Thumbtack Trust and Safety experience, and continually increase knowledge by learning about product and policy updates.
- Create strong connections with other Learning and Development team members and other team-specific learning team members to constantly share best practices.
- Collaborate closely with our QA team to determine knowledge gaps and opportunities to train appropriately. Additionally create partnerships with our Content team to make sure that all trainings are accurate and in accordance with Thumbtack guidelines.
- Utilize reports to track progress and communicate results and findings to the leadership team.
- Have a strong understanding of your audience, creating clear learning objectives, measuring understanding, engagement and tracking behavioral changes
- Maintain appropriate training resources and tools, such as presentations, user guides and facilitator materials.
- Manage personal workflow with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders and sometimes changing priorities.
- Be an excellent example of Thumbtack culture, vision, and values.
- Uphold and champion a culture of learning that is a strength of the Trust and Safety organization.
- Proven success in training or implementing training programs within a highly specialized team.
- 3-4 years experience in a similar role or equitable experience.
- Experience with learning and training design.
- Training and classroom management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn the Thumbtack product and user experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of different sizes and complexity.
- Highly organized with an attention to detail.
- Solves problems, responds to issues calmly and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
More about Thumbtack
Thumbtack is the destination for getting things done - from house remodeling to event planning to music lessons and more. Each year, more than 200,000 professionals across the country service a growing 5 million Thumbtack projects in almost 1,100+ unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack has raised more than $275 million from Sequoia Capital, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners, Baillie Gifford, and CapitalG.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.