Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Workplace Experience Team
Our Workplace Experience Team’s mission is to connect and empower our employees by providing a positive, safe and productive environment that embodies our company values. Our team has set high standards for the employee experience to ensure everyone feels welcomed and supported and has the tools they need to deliver their best work.
With a customer-first outlook, you utilize your expertise to organize, direct and coordinate facilities maintenance, seating, safety, and security operations. You are reliable, thorough, and great at managing projects and delivering top-notch outcomes on time. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to ensure that all internal customer and key stakeholder demands are being met.
- Coordinate and oversee prompt completion of facility repairs and maintenance for our San Francisco office, proactively assessing office condition and conducting regular walk-throughs.
- Interface, partner with and form a collaborative relationship with building management, vendors, and/or those responsible for maintenance and operation of the facility to ensure quality, effective delivery of service and accurate billing.
- Oversee seating chart processes and office moves, coordinating and updating all adds, moves, and changes for the SF office.
- Lead all safety and security operations in our SF office, including coordinating training and working closely with other offices to align on processes.
- Prioritize work orders, handle urgent requests, and complete any and all assigned facility tasks and projects.
- Support team events and assist with set up/break down
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ years of experience in office and/or facilities operations.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong team player and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Google Suite.
- Interest in Thumbtack’s mission and creating a space for our team to succeed.
- Experience at a fast-growing start-up.
- Experience with Zendesk, Asana, and space management platforms.
- Experience leading facilities, safety, and security programs.
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.