Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $1 trillion in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Lifecycle Team
The Lifecycle Marketing team is part of the Pro Engagement team and focuses on empowering new and existing local professionals to:
- Understand how Thumbtack works
- Set up Thumbtack so they successfully get hired
- Adopt and use core features to get the most out of Thumbtack
- Retain and expand on Thumbtack
About the Role
As our Marketing Manager, you will support marketing campaigns to ensure our pros receive the information they need to be successful at each stage of their Lifecycle using Thumbtack. You will deeply understand the life stages of our pros and what content and information can help them use Thumbtack most effectively at each point. You will leverage multiple channels to ensure this content reaches pros when they need it - in product, email, Help Center, Intercom, and our Pro Community. And you will partner with our creative and content teams to develop and launch compelling and cohesive content in these channels. Ultimately you seek to drive retention and loyalty because pros understand how Thumbtack works, how to be successful, and feel Thumbtack is a strong partner in their business’s success. As we drive towards this vision, and we’d love you to help us get there.
- Help build multi-channel campaigns for in-product and out of product communications.
- Building pro personas and create user journeys
- Identify and track relevant marketing analytics to drive pro engagement
- Identify gaps in pro’s understanding and work with our learning team to fill those gaps
- Be a strong cross-functional partner, able to organize and influence range of stakeholders to drive successful and smooth campaigns.
- Iteratee and test campaigns to drive continual improvement
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-5+ years of experience, preferably in marketing, brand management or product management
- Demonstrated cross-functional teamwork and project management experience
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical mindset, with experience analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to guide strategy
- Excellent written and verbal communication, along with strong interpersonal skills
- SQL knowledge
- Experience creating user journeys
- Design, comms, or creative background
- Experience working with small businesses and/or a passion for small businesses and helping them succeed
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.****