Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers with the right professionals for anything they need done. Every day we rally around the impact Thumbtack has on people’s lives - from house cleaners to yoga instructors to general contractors, we’re helping small businesses grow and thrive. Join our growing team in the quest to build THE destination for anything you need done.
About the People Programs Team
Our team’s mission is to empower employees with the knowledge and support they need to find success and well-being at work. We are constantly seeking to help our employees do life’s work with joy and purpose. And we do it through programs in Diversity & Inclusion, Learning & Development, Engagement & Performance Management.
We dream of helping establish Thumbtack as a global leader in people development by testing and implementing innovative, human-centric programs.
About the Role
You will play a key role on the People Engagement team and work on high-impact people analytics projects. You will partner with teams across Thumbtack to perform analysis that will increase engagement and retention across the company. At the same time, you’ll be expected to contribute to our broader team and company data culture by sharing your learnings and informing decisions.
- Partner with the People Operations and Recruiting teams to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Make recommendations based on detailed analysis and a deep understanding of our business
- Build and maintain reports, models, and visualizations which provide insight into employee engagement and retention
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through peer collaboration
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- College graduate with past analytical work/research experience or working toward a post-graduate degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Business Administration, Psychology, or Sociology
- Statistics coursework and/or statistics work/research experience
- Passion for people and using data to drive meaningful cultural change
- Sharp business judgement and the ability to see past the noise
- Strong communicator, attentive listener and compelling explainer
- Work/research experience in Human Resources, Recruiting, or other people-focused field
- Experience in survey design, administration and analysis
- Proficiency using R, Tableau, Python, SQL or similar tools to analyze large datasets
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.