Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Role
As the Campaign Program Manager, you will be responsible for designing and developing the end-to-end program for how we adopt Intercom and other campaign solutions for our Sales, Success & Support use cases, which will include establishing clear goals & objectives, understanding key “problems to be solved”, determining the right applications of our solutions against these, developing & executing on an implementation approach, monitoring the health of our engagement on an ongoing basis, and working very closely with cross-functional partners to collaborate and share feedback.
We’re looking for a proactive, independent thinker who is analytically driven, with an eye for being able to look at things holistically, coupled with the ability to work in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, dig into massive sets of information, and create solutions to problems that have never been tackled before.
What will I be doing?
- Understand Thumbtack’s Sales, Success & Support operating models and objectives and how they translate into standardized and efficient performance metrics & business processes.
- Based on the above, understand our internal needs & opportunities alongside developing a deep understanding of campaign and communication tools and solutions across Sales, Success & Support use cases.
- Partner closely with the Campaign Operations Manager and other senior leadership to develop actionable, measurable campaign solutions that improve the internal effectiveness of both our Sales, Success and Customer Support teams, and the end-to-end Customer experience.
- Work cross-functionally to gather requirements, evangelize ideas, and project manage changes around our adoption of Intercom and other campaign solutions.
- Establish strong working relationships with sales, success, customer support, marketing, product, and engineering to improve overall operations.
- 4+ years experience in a Product/Technical Program management role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Self-starter and quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance
- Deep interest in learning about how Intercom and other Customer communication tools work and their real-life applications to achieve business goals
- Ability to combine business acumen, technical acumen and process expertise to define & execute large scale programs
- Ability to influence & gain buy-in at multiple levels, across teams, functions and working styles; high level of comfort working with senior management
- Exceptionally strong communication skills
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
Bonus skills & attributes
- Proficiency in Excel, SQL, and other visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Background working in high-growth, performance-focused environments
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.