Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the People Team
Our People team believes in the power of our people. We believe that with the right culture, development and support, our people can achieve anything; and we are inspired by this everyday.
We do this by crafting an employee experience that starts from hiring incredible people, investing in their development, and providing a holistic approach to benefits from education and wellness, to providing top-notch food from our in-house culinary team.
About the Role
The Performance Management Lead is responsible for creating, improving, and maintaining our performance management and recognition programs. You will have a passion for identifying development opportunities for our employees, managers, and leaders. You will be committed to delivering a simple, transparent and fair process that recognizes and rewards our employees based on impact. You will always be seeking for opportunities for continuous improvement in the way we recognize, reward and develop employees throughout their career. You will work closely with peers in Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion to embed a culture of continuous growth and feedback.
- Own all aspects of performance management, including formal annual review cycles, recognition and reward programs, and creating a culture of continuous feedback
- Identify and develop performance management and recognition technology and tools
- Partner with Learning & Development to develop and deliver employee and manager training
- Work with People Analytics and Diversity & Inclusion to ensure consistent, fair and equitable performance management and recognition processes
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of organizational development experience (leading performance management, recognition programs preferred in a people function or consulting)
- Strong experience developing and implementing effective people programs with a focus on engagement, retention, and development success metrics
- Strong cross-functional teamwork and project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience designing and delivering training
- Experience identifying, selecting, and implementing software
- Experience working in a rapidly growing tech company
- Experience designing or delivering performance management for exempt and nonexempt employees in multiple global locations
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace – one of the largest in the U.S. – that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With nearly 1,000 different categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, DJs, personal trainers, even piano teachers. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers and make a living doing what they’re great at.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.