Have you ever tried to hire a plumber, a personal trainer, or find the perfect caterer? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local professionals for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, but our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the Team:
The Customer Success Coach will sit on the Pro Success team here at Thumbtack. Pro Success is a fast evolving team designed to drive success for our top-tier professionals. The Pro Success Team assist Thumbtack professionals to ensure they are set up to be matched with the right leads and customers and provide ongoing insights, advice, and success management to continuously ensure the professionals are reaching their goals and objectives.
About the Role:
As a Coach, you will report to a Pro Success Team Manager. As a coach, you will work collaboratively to ensure all team members are equipped with the information and skills necessary to drive the onboarding and success of campaigns at Thumbtack. As a coach, you will be working with 6-10 specialists on the team and you will be responsible with completing weekly success quality insight evaluations for each team member, providing one on one coaching, and helping team members create plans to improve overall success quality. You will work closely with the Manager over success and secondly with the QI team, Content team, and the Pro Success leadership team to identify, develop, and implement the necessary resources that enable the success team to be successful. You will constantly offer a unique perspective and give all team members actionable recommendations keeping the professionals’ success within the Thumbtack marketplace as their north star. You will also be responsible for working with the team to gather, analyze, and share out product feedback to the Success Team Manager. As the Pro Success team is relatively new, the person that joins this team has to have an entrepreneurial spirit and a founders mentality of testing and failing fast in order to define the right customer journey and engagement plans for our Pro Success team members.
What you’ll do:
- Understand the Pro Success team’s strategic goals and challenges and support each individual member of the team by working closely with the quality insights and training teams ensuring appropriate education, actionable advice, useful content, and clear coaching to meet those goals
- Coach Pro Success team members towards the appropriate plays, behaviors, skills, and tools that drive successful outcomes for Thumbtack professionals.
- Organize 1:1 coachings every week with each member of the team to go over the quality of calls and best practices to help reach individual and team goals.
- Partner with the specialists to identify feedback trends and then partner with the Manager to gather and share learnings, best practices, feedback, and pain points Thumbtack may be facing.
- Through the use of data, continuously develop and refine your personal understanding of the campaigns, behaviors, skills, and tools that are necessary for the chat team.
- Have strong knowledge of the Thumbtack platform, always staying up-to-date on the latest product updates understanding how this impacts team members.
- Participate in weekly QI calibrations, bi-weekly insights meetings, and appropriate team meetings.
- Become better at what you do every day!
- Curious - you love learning, and developing new skill-sets and expertise. You embrace challenges, learn from feedback, and persists despite obstacles - have grit
- Communicator - Excellent verbal/written communication with the ability to interact effectively with team members and provide positive and constructive feedback
- Data-driven - you measure impact before you message it. Your actions and recommendations are rooted in data and insights to demonstrate value
- Bias towards action - you’re excited to move fast, identify opportunities for improvement, and make an impact.
- People Developer - You see the potential in others. In your view, no individual is fully formed. When you interact with others, your goal is to help them experience success. You look for ways to challenge them. You devise interesting experiences that can stretch them and help them grow.
- Empathy - You hear the unvoiced questions and anticipate the need. You help people find the right phrases to express their feelings -- to themselves as well as to others.
- Adaptable - you embrace and expect frequent change and appreciate constant iteration of approaches, strategies, and tactics.
- Thoughtful partner - “Make Each Other Better” is one of our company’s core values and one that you take to heart. You are excited about the idea of working collaboratively with the team and other departments to foster relationships and promote success across the organization
- 2+ years minimum experience in a customer support, customer success, professional services, account management or sales role
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile environment
- Proven ability in coaching and helping grow team members to achieve performance and quality targets
- Experience with analyzing and deriving insights from large amounts of data
- Strong knowledge of and experience working with the Google Suite (Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Google Docs)
- Strong ability to build and nurture trusted relationships
- Proven ability to manage, utilize, and prioritize your time and efforts
- Ability to work full time in office (40 Hrs)
More about us:
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.