Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, it’s crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling and vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge — $700B in the US alone — but the process is inefficient and largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses and make a living doing what they’re great at.
About the team
Our Support Operations team provides support to hundreds of thousands of customers and professionals on the Thumbtack platform; the Workforce Management team is charged with navigating the delicate balance between the needs of our users, our employees, and our business. The team is much more robust than your traditional WFM group - we reason from first principles to approach workforce management from new and novel angles.
About the Role
As a Senior Forecasting Analyst, you will take the lead on understanding and forecasting the support needs of our pros and customers. Our marketing efforts and product evolutions drive constant changes to contact habits; working closely with our marketing and product teams is a must! Folks are contacting us 24x7 from around the nation and across multiple channels (live chat, Directly chat, email, Intercom chat, phone, SMS, product prompts, and web forms) -- you will be charged with understanding and forecasting the needs associated with all of them. The challenge is dynamic and ever-changing (as is the role)!
- Partner with product, growth, marketing and finance teams to create comprehensive support contact and staffing requirement forecasts across multiple channels (chat, sms, phone, help center, etc.) and sites
- Gather and analyze your own data from databases, Salesforce, and phone systems
- Build and maintain forecast models, reports, and weekly updates which provide insight into support contact trends and operations performance
- Mentor and develop other members of the team
- Contribute to the operations team and company culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching and more
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in analytics and/or forecasting, capacity planning, or workforce management
- Experience with forecasting and staffing scenario modeling
- Experience forecasting for multiple contact types and queues
- Proficiency using SQL to query large data sets
- Excel/Sheets guru
- Experience with workforce management systems (NICE/IEX, Verint, Aspect, etc.)
- Familiarity with the pace and ambiguity of building a team in a fast-growing start-up
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace that connects customers who need to get things done with local, skilled professionals who can help. From plumbers and painters to DJs and personal trainers, Thumbtack helps millions of customers find the right professional for their project in 1,000 unique categories. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $250 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners and Baillie Gifford.
- Learn more about our culture, benefits, and perks
- Learn more about engineering at Thumbtack [ENG JOBS ONLY]
- Follow Thumbtack on LinkedIn
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records