Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see what’s not ordinarily possible, and the ability to collect intelligence from vantage points as diverse and global as the Internet. As organizations depend on cloud services, the Internet has become their defacto network connecting cloud applications to users. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform is like a ‘Google maps of the Internet’, providing the only collectively powered view of digital experiences end-to-end. We enable our customers made up of the world’s largest and fastest-growing brands, to identify problems before they impact revenue, brand reputation, or employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the Role
At ThousandEyes, we operate a little bit differently than most software-as-a-service providers: We’ve recognized that delivery of amazing customer experience is key to driving longer term value and creating customers for life. We hire industry veterans - people with tried and true experience in the area of network-based service delivery
The TAM role is a proactive support role for premium support accounts: you’ll be responsible for supporting a select number of named accounts, aligned to the customers business hours, and not working on a rotational shift. The TAM will work closely with the 24x7 support team to ensure the total team can support a customer on a follow-the-sun model. The TAM provides select account premium support for those that purchase the TAM service, and the key value includes providing customers with a named support engineer who understands the customers team and network. TAM’s work customer problems, help optimize customer networks, provide training, and also work joint proactive projects.
- At least 5-7 years of Network Support Engineer experience within a Technical Support, Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, or Technical customer-facing organization
- At least 5-7 years of working directly with customers, within a technology company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent working experience
- Expert understanding of network and application protocols (Cisco/Juniper certification strongly preferred - CCNA/DEVNET/JNCP, etc. )
- Experience with Cloud/SaaS software products is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of ISP, CDN, and cloud service provider networks
- Strong understanding of web technologies and VoIP applications
- Hands on experience with hypervisors such as KVM, VMware, Hyper-V, and VirtualBox
- Hands on experience with container administration tools such as docker and kubernetes
- Working knowledge in security, authentication, permissions, SSO
- Experience in administering Linux based operating systems
- Passionate about enabling a consistently excellent customer experience. Dedicated to champion the customer problem until the resolution path is identified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Heavy focus on using data to articulate messages
- The ability to work effectively in a remote or virtual team environment
- Excellent presentation skills coupled with a strong leadership presence
- Excellent time & project management skills, with a focus on delivery
- Initiative and desire to learn new skills/technologies and remain up-to-date with the latest trends; real passion for problem-solving
- Flexibility to handle critical cases after hours as needed
- Support - Work break-fix issues with customers. Escalate to support team as required
- Optimization - Optimize customer systems to ensure peak performance
- Proactive Customer Engagement - Establish and ensure highly collaborative relationships with support teams and customers/partners. Build value-based relationships with customers, leading to referral and renewal. Leverage enterprise data analytics to transparently track and report on customer engagement
- Cross Functional Engagement - Establish and develop highly collaborative relationships with internal teams. Collaborating with Sales and Engineering to address product issues, and identify workarounds & solutions
- Escalations - Assume the role of escalation manager when needed, and ensure timely communication to all stakeholders for escalated issues with a high-impact, or strategic visibility. Coordinate handoff of ongoing issues to the next geographical region
- Customer Experience - Ensure a great customer experience in all team interactions. Measure and continually improve
- Projects - Project manage many projects concurrently understanding current and future action items
- Special projects as assigned
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.