Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see what’s not ordinarily possible, and the ability to collect intelligence from vantage points as diverse and global as the Internet. As organizations depend on cloud services, the Internet has become their defacto network connecting cloud applications to users. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform is like a ‘Google maps of the Internet’, providing the only collectively powered view of digital experiences end-to-end. We enable our customers made up of the world’s largest and fastest-growing brands, to identify problems before they impact revenue, brand reputation, or employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About the Role
We're all familiar with the technology, but have you ever wondered how the Internet actually works? At ThousandEyes, we spend every day working to help customers understand the gotchas of Internet-based service delivery: how to identify problems, how to resolve, and how to avoid them in the future. Our Customer Engineering team is tasked with empowering our customers with ThousandEyes to ease their performance monitoring pains.
If you enjoy variety in job responsibilities, this is the job for you. A day may involve helping a customer identify network loss in an undersea cable, diagnose the cause of a route leak impacting significant portions of internet traffic, scripting an approach to monitoring a website's login flow, spinning up a lab environment to reproduce a strange set of behaviors seen in a customer's environment, saving a company hours of bridge time during a significant outage impacting their infrastructure by finding the smoking-gun in a network outage, or simply helping someone understand the way that our applications work. The job is highly variable and requires both the ability to make data-driven decisions, and draw conclusions based on incomplete information. We're looking for out-of-the-box thinkers who can complement and extend the already formidable talents of our Customer Enablement organization.
- A standout "customer first" attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent working experience
- At least 5-7 years working in a customer-facing role support organization
- Expert understanding of network and application protocols (Cisco/Juniper certification strongly preferred - CCNA/DEVNET/JNCP, etc. )
- Experience with Cloud/SaaS software products is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of ISP, CDN, and cloud service provider networks
- Strong understanding of web technologies and VoIP applications
- Hands on experience with hypervisors such as KVM, VMware, Hyper-V, and VirtualBox
- Hands on experience with container administration tools such as docker and kubernetes
- Working knowledge in security, authentication, permissions, SSO
- Experience in administering Linux based operating systems
- Experience in technical writing is a plus
- Ability to prioritize & complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical users
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Timely interaction with customers and internal teams requesting support via online-chat, email and phone.
- Take ownership of technical issues, working with cross-functional teams to document problem definition, troubleshooting procedures, and resolution steps
- Take ownership of customer support forum and keep information current on best practices with ThousandEyes
- Active participation in 24x7 Support Coverage model
- Identify process & workflows ripe for improvement or automation
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Cisco COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.