The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a "black box" outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers.
ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including 4 of the top 5 SaaS companies, 4 of the top 5 US banks and 3 of the Fortune 5. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, Tenaya Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a Manager to join the FP&A team. This position will be reporting to the Director of FP&A and based in San Francisco, CA. FP&A at ThousandEyes develops and maintains the company’s financial forecasts and long range plan including top line Bookings and all financials, provides business partnering, and delivers executive-level reporting to our Board of Directors, investors, management team, and key functional stakeholders. Our primary goal is to keep pace with the company’s rapid growth and to provide actionable insights that inform better decisions and to help take ThousandEyes to new heights. This individual contributor position will play a critical role in managing and driving FP&A activities across the Sales and Marketing Go-To-Market teams and be a key contributor amongst a small team, where each member takes on a variety of different tasks.
● Maintains all sales and marketing financial forecasts, analyses, reporting, reviewing top line as well as headcount and OPEX
● Drive projects and ad hoc analyses to support business decisions throughout the go-to-market organization
● Build key partnerships with the go-to-market team to understand drivers, trends, opportunities, and to share insights and recommendations
● Develop robust models to streamline decision-making on investment areas. Ensure financial objectives such as margins, growth, efficiency, productivity, ROI, etc. are appropriately analyzed and understood by business partners and how they impact ThousandEyes’ overall performance
● Partner and collaborate closely with Deal Desk for all analyses on sales rep productivity, efficiency, deal and customer metrics
● Provide management with insights into drivers of bookings, revenue and expenses, as well as risks and opportunities
● Support annual and long range planning, variance analysis, monthly close, and helping to develop a rolling quarterly forecast process
● Work closely with peers in other functional areas to develop, maintain, analyze and report KPIs including a broad range of sales, marketing and SaaS metrics
● Analyze key trends and be able to flag any current or future business risks
● Drive process and reporting automation and other efficiencies
● Close collaboration & team building with Data Analytics, Sales Operations & Accounting teams
● Experience with Enterprise Software companies and a strong understanding of SaaS Bookings based business models and operating metrics
● Ability to collaborate across all functional areas to understand needs while maintaining alignment with the company’s short- and long-term strategic priorities and financial objectives
● Strong financial modeling, planning, forecasting and analysis skills; solid foundation in finance and GAAP accounting, ideally in one or more enterprise SaaS companies; SQL / Macro programming a plus
● Expert in Microsoft Excel; hands-on experience preferred on NetSuite, Salesforce, and Anaplan
● Experience in a fast-paced, venture-backed startup environment
● Highly motivated self-starter, extremely strong work ethic with a sense of urgency to perform at the highest level, willing to work autonomously AND as a member of a team in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, entrepreneurial environment
● Natural sense of curiosity and “figure it out” mentality
● An ability to balance being detail-oriented as well as seeing the big picture
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● 6+ years of relevant progressive Finance experience in a fast-paced and high growth environment, preferably in the technology and/or SaaS space
● BS/BA in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent.