ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 130+ of the Global 2000, 70+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
ThousandEyes is looking for a passionate web developer with a self-starter attitude to help maintain the Corporate Website, Blog and international web properties. The Marketing Web Developer will primarily collaborate with other members of Marketing (Product Marketing, Creative, Marketing Operations, Events, Communications) to deliver on lead generation and market awareness activities. The Marketing Web Developer will be a key member of the recently established Web Strategy team within Marketing, and will report to the Senior Manager, Web Strategy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Full-stack web development for multiple web properties
- Translate Photoshop and Sketch mockups into web pages
- Test user experience of all web properties across multiple browsers and screen sizes
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure website content and messaging is always up-to-date
- Build and maintain international microsites to support global expansion
- Identify areas of improvement for conversion rate optimization (CRO) across web properties
- Support the general Marketing team with day-to-day website update requests and bug fixes
- Coordinate and prioritize between general website maintenance tasks, technical debt and new projects
- Stay up-to-date on Technical SEO best practices and train other team members on requirements and industry updates
- Create and maintain documentation for workflows and processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-3 years in a similar web development role, preferably for Marketing in an Enterprise SaaS technology company.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and PHP.
- Experience with Git/GitHub for version control
- In-depth knowledge of SEO best practices and process
- Extensive knowledge of responsive web design principles, bonus points for experience with Zurb's Foundation framework
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and learn rapidly with no adversity to context switching
- Familiarity with Linux command prompt to manage WordPress instances and plugins
- General awareness of user experience best practices for Marketing websites
- Strong attention to detail
- Creative problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude and dedicated team player
- High degree of independent judgment
- Bonus points for experience with Google Analytics, Heap Analytics, Chartio and Asana