The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
The Cloud and Synthetics team is responsible for the core ThousandEyes product that collects data from thousands of Cloud Agents across Service Providers, Eyeball Networks and SaaS Providers, providing the most complete representation of the Internet to date. Cloud Agents collect real-time performance data directly from the browser and synthetic probes that are used in state of the art visualizations to help Operations and Infrastructure teams troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues as they occur.
ThousandEyes is looking for a passionate Product Manager to play a key role in evolving and expanding the Cloud and Synthetics product area. You will be responsible to build a world-class product that delivers delightful customer experiences. You will work to define the product and features and socialize them across the organization, ensuring that they are tuned to our customer's needs and market shifts in order to help drive growth.
- Lead the development and launch of innovative products
- Understand and anticipate customer needs to drive product definition and positioning
- Engage directly and regularly with customers to gain an in-depth understanding of their business processes and product needs, validate solutions and develop product champions
- Perform competitive analysis and market research to guide product planning
- Define long term product vision, roadmap and goals
- Coordinate the deliverables of several development teams to meet roadmap goals
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Sales and Customer Success to support the creation of customer-driven messaging, sales enablement tools and thought leadership materials to execute the go-to-market strategy
- 6+ years of product management experience, with demonstrated success in product definition activities for enterprise software products, and Internet Infrastructure products in particular
- Experience in managing and building Product teams
- Startup experience
- Strong knowledge of browser instrumentation techniques, and web performance measurements
- Strong knowledge of Internet Protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, BGP)
- Familiarity with the environments and needs of medium and large enterprise customers
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment, and energy who can galvanize the team to follow