ThousandEyes is the company that reporters, businesses and consumers rely on to understand what exactly is happening on the Internet and how it affects digital experiences. As such, we are seeking a product marketing manager to join our fast-paced marketing team to help drive our industry-leading Internet research and outage analysis. This person will become an expert in the ThousandEyes platform, and use their technical and data analysis, copywriting and creative sides to create thoughtful, high-impact expert analyses for publishing across multiple channels including the blog, our website, social media and more.
This position reports to ThousandEyes’ VP of Product Marketing, and offers an excellent opportunity to make a tremendous, direct impact on the success of ThousandEyes’ aggressive growth objectives as a pre-IPO Company.
- Become an expert in the ThousandEyes platform and use it on a daily basis to investigate various incidents happening across the global Internet.
- Plan and conduct research projects utilizing the ThousandEyes platform for thought leadership reports, under the direction of a PMM research agenda leader.
- Effectively leverage subject matter experts across the organization to validate assumptions, and bullet-proof initial assessments.
- Work closely with the Corporate Communications team to determine the newsworthiness of outage events to determine the ideal format(s) for each analysis, and produce that content same-day (in most cases).
- Work with PMM and Corporate Communication leaders to develop and sustain repeatable processes and guidelines for escalating outages for external-facing communications.
- Become a ‘go-to’ expert on the marketing team for any Internet incident-related needs, be it writing a blog, creating a social media post, speaking at industry events, conducting media interviews, or talking to current customers or sales prospects.
- Ability to quickly master complex technologies and concepts
- Driven self-starter with high levels of curiosity, enthusiasm and initiative
- Analytical thinker, with the project management skills and tenacity required to tackle and achieve ambitious goals and objectives in a high-growth business environment.
- Strong writing, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Medium to advanced knowledge of Internet and networking concepts
- Message simplification—ability to take complex concepts and distill the idea to its essential nature
- Data analytics skills and experience
- Creative storytelling across any medium - written, in-person or on-camera.