ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale.ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on distributed systems, you will be contributing to our data collection and processing infrastructure. This includes the software that powers our global footprint of Cloud and Enterprise Agents (C++), as well as the pipeline of C++ microservices that process all of the data we collect.
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of software development experience in C++
- A fast learner
- Comfortable working with newer technologies
- Excellent object-oriented design skills
- Experience with streaming architectures, in particular Kafka
- Experience in open-source development is a plus
- Experience with network protocols is a plus
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar