The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
The Enterprise Sales Associate Manager is an integral part of the growth strategy at ThousandEyes. We are looking for someone with a strong passion to create a structured, high performing inside sales team focused on appointment setting and generating qualified pipeline in our enterprise top targets. This individual will have had first-person experience at both inside sales for enterprise clients and inside sales management and will have been a top performer throughout his/her career. The ISM will manage the execution of key productivity metrics.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage a first in class ESR team
- Lead the effort to identify best practices and associated technologies that will enable maximum productivity from the enterprise sales associate team
- Facilitate new processes, tools, communications, training and methodologies to ensure sales program's success across teams and departments throughout the company. Serve with other departmental management to facilitate relationships among members of these teams and departments in order to achieve the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement best practices across the team such as messaging and objection handling
- Carry individual sales goals and lead by example in execution of all sales activities
- As required by aligned sales team, provide service to existing channel partners and/or end user accounts, obtain orders, and hunt new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales prospects.
- Keep management informed by submitting results reports, weekly updates and monthly and quarterly territory analyses.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management
- 5+ years of successful progressive experience as an inside sales professional
- 3+ years of successful experience as an insides sales lead or manager
- Extensive experience with use of Salesforce.com for managing an inside sales team
- Experience in developing demand generation campaigns to include the development of call scripts and success metrics
- Demonstrated people leadership skills in coaching and guiding team members to success
- The ESR Manager candidate’s inside sales experience should be specific to pursuing the sale of a technology-oriented product or service in a business-to-business setting, ideally with working knowledge of networking and internet routing
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Sales performance management
- Territory management, and sales planning
- Ability to travel as needed for customer visits and tradeshows (<15% travel expected)
The ideal candidate will possess a dynamic, high-energy interpersonal style with a strong sales and revenue generation focus.