You will help train the store team about design concepts, visual display standards, and the proper maintenance of the overall merchandising efforts. By providing on-the-job training, feedback, and recognition, you will motivate other members of the store team to actively support visual merchandising brand standards
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Daily early morning product delivery distribution and merchandising.
- Liaise with various team members from ops, housekeeping, sales and management.
- Weekly store photo package and touch base with the Visual Director to review the specific location’s successes and needs for improvement.
- Assist the Visual Director in sourcing local materials and contractors.
- Work closely with the Store Director to make sure all displays and merchandising are having a positive effect on sales and customer experience in order to maximize profitability.
- Assist with organizing, installing and dismantling all in-store events and workshops as needed.
- Early morning - mid day schedule with the occasional late night installation.
- Train and inspire new hires and temps on VM brand standards and maintenance responsibilities.
- Work closely with management and ops on building and architectural upkeep.
What You Bring To The Role
- 5-10 years of retail visual merchandising experience.
- Computer articulate including Google programs, excel, word, etc. Photoshop skills are preferred but not essential.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs
- Ability to work early mornings or nights and occasional weekends
- Strong eye for design at a luxury level
- Ability to excel in a high paced retail environment
- A well versed knowledge of Women’s and Men’s high fashion
- Energetic and collaborative attitude
- Problem solving and strategic thinker
- Strong communication skills
- Detailed oriented
- Management of any freelancers, artisans and outside contractors.
GHR6410 #LI-JP31 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.