As a Fine Jewelry & Watch Specialist , you will be responsible for authenticating, evaluating and inspecting all Fine and Fashion Consigned Jewelry & Watch merchandise. You are someone who is intrigued by the Jewelry industry, and wants to be part of a product/production fast paced environment. As a Fine Jewelry & Watch Specialist you are interested in growing your expertise and advancing your career.
Compensation | Benefits | Perks
- Total potential compensation over $27 per hour compensation with incentive pay programs
- Base Pay Plus Incentive Pay Programs
- Incentive programs that pay up to $400 per month based on performance
- Total potential compensation over $4,800 per month with incentive pay programs
- $100 in monthly food credits
- Generous PTO (18 days) and Paid Holidays (9)
- Opportunity for overtime
- Clean and safe working environment with climate controlled warehouses
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (purchase stock @ discounted rates)
- 401K (with company matching up to $1000)
- Generous Medical, Dental & Vision benefits subsidized by the The RealReal
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Inspect Fine and Fashion consigned following TRR condition and standards
- Improve product condition and value through external cleaning
- Identify, test and authenticate branded and unbranded product utilizing TRR standard methodology and tools, including brand identifiers, materials (i.e. metals, diamonds, color gemstones) and fabrication
- Research and price product utilizing TRR standard methodology and tools, factoring for fair market value, condition, and style
- Surface or escalate and solve exceptions, anomalies and/or authenticity questions
- Participate in training, audits and meetings, as required
- Aid with inventory organization and attain production targets
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years jewelry industry experience required, including Retail
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Graduate Gemology diploma and/or GIA coursework preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of jewelry history, design, manufacturing and secondary market; concentration in 20th-21st century iconic Fine Jewelry houses, preferred
- Intermediate to advanced technical expertise, including gemological and metals identification, secondary market pricing principles and estimation know-how and proficiency
- The skills to work effectively independently and collaboratively in teams to meet shared goals and deadlines
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume production environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and attention to detail
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Vision, depth of field perception, magnification, and color perception (Red,Green,Amber)
- Dexterity, repetitive physical motions, hand/wrist movements
- Ability to push/pull, bend, crouch, lifting (1-15lbs)
- Ability to move within and between warehouses
Offers for qualifying positions in Fine Jewelry and Watch Specialists must be extended by 2/1/2022 with a start date of 6/15/2022. Start date is subject to satisfactory clearance of the background check. Company delays to the start date will not disqualify eligibility. Signing bonus valued at $5,000.00 to be paid in three installments. The first $1,000.00 will be issued in the pay period of employment. The second installment will be valued at $2,000 and will be issued following 3 months of employment. The third payment, valued at $2,000.00, will be issued in the pay period following six months of employment. Bonus is only payable if the employee is in good standing continuously through the date each payment is made.
All wages and payments are subject to applicable withholdings and deductions.
GHR5733 #LI-SB28 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.