As an Associate Specialist of Fine Jewelry & Watches at The RealReal, you have the opportunity to make an impact from day one. You'll be a key driver of our commitment to authenticity by inspecting products and authenticating luxury fine jewelry & watch merchandise. You're self-driven, goal-oriented, appreciate autonomy and methodology. You will grow in expertise and have numerous opportunities to advance your career. Above all, you embody the TRR culture through collaboration, driving results, and building a future.
Compensation | Benefits | Perks
- Monthly bonus up to $400 pending goal achievement
- $5000 in Stock (RSUs) awarded
- Free lunches & snacks ($100 per month in value)
- 18 days of paid time off (increases after 1st year)
- Monthly team competitions (i.e. cash | prizes | site credit | stock)
- Volunteer time paid (16 hours) & Holiday pay
- Paid training program (40+ hours w/in 6 weeks) with robust career growth
- 401K (with company matching up to $1000)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Commuter Benefits
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Authenticate luxury fine jewelry & watches
- Inspect consigned luxury products for condition, quality of materials and acceptance standards
- Utilize reference guides and historical data
- Data entry for pertinent product information such as measurements and fabrication
- Support pricing product utilizing TRR standard methodology and tools, factoring for fair market value, condition, and style
- Attain production targets
- Support process and system improvement through feedback and testing, as required
What You Bring To The Role
- Minimum 1 year of fine jewelry and/or watch experience
- Vision, depth of field perception, magnification, and color perception (Red,Green,Amber)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to consistently meet daily department goals
- Excellent organizational & time management skills and acute attention to detail
- Confident communicator who possesses a positive attitude towards collaboration
Offers for qualifying positions in Fine Jewelry and Watch Specialists must be extended by 2/1/2022 with a start date of 6/15/2022. Start date is subject to satisfactory clearance of the background check. Company delays to the start date will not disqualify eligibility. Signing bonus valued at $5,000.00 to be paid in three installments. The first $1,000.00 will be issued in the pay period of employment. The second installment will be valued at $2,000 and will be issued following 3 months of employment. The third payment, valued at $2,000.00, will be issued in the pay period following six months of employment. Bonus is only payable if the employee is in good standing continuously through the date each payment is made. All wages and payments are subject to applicable withholdings and deductions.
GH3824 #LI-SB28 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.