As a Authenticator at The RealReal, you have the opportunity to make an impact from day one. You'll be a key driver of our commitment to authenticity by inspecting products and authenticating luxury fine jewelry & watch merchandise. You're self-driven, goal-oriented, appreciate autonomy and methodology. You will grow in expertise and have numerous opportunities to advance your career. Above all, you embody the TRR culture through collaboration, driving results, and building a future.
Compensation | Benefits | Perks
- Monthly bonus up to $400 pending goal achievement
- Free lunches & snacks ($50 per month in value)
- 18 days of paid time off (increases after 1st year)
- Monthly team competitions (i.e. cash | prizes | site credit | stock)
- Volunteer time paid (16 hours) & Holiday pay
- Paid training program (40+ hours w/in 6 weeks) with robust career growth
- 401K (with company matching up to $1000)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Commuter Benefits
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Authenticate luxury fine jewelry & watches
- Inspect consigned luxury products for condition, quality of materials and acceptance standards
- Utilize reference guides and historical data
- Research fair market value and market demand of branded jewelry and watches
- Set list prices for branded and unbranded jewelry with direction and final approval from Team Lead and FJ/W Experts
- Data entry for pertinent product information such as measurements and fabrication
What You Bring To The Role
- 1+ years of fine jewelry and/or watch experience
- GIA Certification (preferred)
- Vision, depth of field perception, magnification, and color perception (Red,Green,Amber)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to consistently meet daily department goals
- Excellent organizational & time management skills and acute attention to detail
- Confident communicator who possesses a positive attitude towards collaboration
The expected salary range for this role is $24.00 - $27.00. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Additionally, salary is just one component of TRR’s total rewards package. Depending on role, employees may also be eligible for a bonus program, incentive pay and benefits.
GH3611 #LI-SB28 #LI-Onsite
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.