The Inventory Assistant Manager of Inventory Operations role will be providing leadership support on a 5 day schedule, which may include Saturday and Sunday. This role will be responsible for overseeing the daily Inventory operations and exceptions by helping with facilitating the flow of product through the entire operations processing pipeline and working closely with the reporting analyst to establish metrics related to inventory control and quality assurance. This position reports directly to the Inventory Control Manager and will interact with employees at all levels across the company and will be a key member of the merchants and operations teams.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Provide positive and inspirational leadership by building a strong organization focused on excellence and committed to the continuous development of employee skills
- Accountable for employee experience (training, career pathing, communication) and oversight for all standards and practices related to exceptions
- Oversee inventory management; new and returned product restock, cycle counting, supplies, and
- warehouse layout optimization
- Partner cross-functionally with Fulfillment and Inbound departments as needed to ensure customers’ and consignors’ needs are consistently exceeded
- Develop and execute continuous improvement projects that will enable better scaling e-commerce
- Play a key role in establishing reports, tracking and business analysis on inventory control
- Establish metrics around volume of exceptions inquiries, investigations, and buyouts by handling all department reporting and monthly audits including Inventory adjustments
- Assist with building and sustaining department metrics, goals, and tools for tracking productivity for the exception’s associates
- Manage payroll for the team using Workday
What You Bring To The Role
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in inventory control, product analysis, e-commerce production or related fields.
- Strong analytical and business intelligence background is preferred.
- Strong leadership ability and desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience in ecommerce operations is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Inventory control and reconciliation.
- Comfortable working with large data sets and analyzing reports.
- Must have experience with using data platforms for reporting.
- Strong knowledge of excel and google sheets is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Roll up the sleeves, action-oriented mindset to have an impact in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, and explosive growth environment.
- Takes direction and can flex priorities as needed.
- A can-do attitude and ability proactively take on challenging tasks
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience and knowledge of luxury goods strongly preferred
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. GHR3566