As a Safety Manager at The RealReal (TRR), you are responsible for the day-to-day oversight of safety at the new Phoenix Authentication Center and will serve as the safety resource for other west coast operations (retail, sales, logistics). You are an experienced safety/risk professional and have a passion to keep people safe. You understand the importance of teamwork, know how to influence others and recognize that your success depends on your ability to work cross-functionally. You will be responsible for developing and executing company-wide safety strategies and will own the development of technical safety programs across all locations including emergency preparedness, fire safety, industrial hygiene, chemical safety, ergonomics, forklift safety and material handling.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Establishing a safety culture throughout the organization, overseeing onsite safety operations across the west coast and supporting onsite safety for the Phoenix location.
- Develop and drive strategies for Health & Safety at TRR, in conjunction with other key partners like HR, Operations, Legal, and Facilities teams.
- Serve as a safety subject matter expert across the organization. This encompasses supporting other segments of the business in areas including but not limited to emergency preparedness, fire safety, industrial hygiene, chemical safety, ergonomics, forklift safety, and material handling.
- Oversee day-to-day protocol for employee safety across all facilities, including site-specific layouts and PPE. Conduct job-site analyses/inspections to identify and eliminate hazardous work practices.
- Audit sites to ensure they comply with safety policies and regulatory requirements.
- Define procedures for crisis events and associated business continuity plans.
- Develop training, SOPs, and manage implementation of technology to support scalability and tracking of programs.
- Establish risk mitigation goals and develop metrics, dashboards and/or scorecards to track, communicate, and drive progress.
- Compile and present reports on safety metrics to senior management on a monthly/quarterly basis.
What You Bring To The Role
- 6+ years of experience in Health & Safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent is required.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish is a plus.
- Proven track record of implementing successful workplace safety programs.
- Solid understanding of crisis management/ disaster recovery concepts.
- Passion for tackling ambiguity and providing structure to new opportunities, while leading and motivating a cross-functional team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills – must be able to clearly explain and demonstrate concepts/skills to others.
- Ability to establish a strong partnership with all levels of leadership within the organization.
- Ability to represent the firm in a professional manner at all times to ensure company policies and procedures as well as compliance to all applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong computer skills and fluency in Google Suites products.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements. GHR3390