The Shop Manager, Stores is responsible for managing a group of in-store Operations Specialist, Visual Merchandisers, and Facilities Team Members, while supporting our in- store Expert and Valuation team. Based in a retail location, the Shop Manager is responsible for growth of new and existing customer and consignor relationships. Responsible for driving the shop experience and all front of house experience, the Shop Manager builds business strategies with the front of house team and collaborates readily with relevant business partners. This role will also be responsible for recruiting top level front of house candidates and continuing their development to ensure we lead in industry knowledge and execution.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Build an environment that is highly focused on delivering a shopping and consignment experience that will motivate the client/consignor to return
- Collaborate with relevant business partners to ensure all business revenue goals are met - both supply and demand.
- Maximizes floor coverage and effectiveness to deliver strong metrics and results driven through team selling and selling to multiple customers.
- Switches gears based on the needs of the business both seamlessly and proactively
- Develop top-level weekly, monthly and quarterly strategies to drive in store business and consignor relationships.
- Develops strong working relationships with all store personnel, including all cross department management teams.
- Recruit, retain, coach and develop top talent level to foster an environment of growth.
- Drive a 360 degree store experience by ensuring that the team is introducing customers to all TRR services and delivering on experience expectations.
- Effectively drive omni-channel selling in the store location.
- Quality check Stylist service initiatives, including quality of in-store appointments, communication to clients, etc.
- Possess industry leading knowledge in topics such as: history of fashion, American fashion houses, EU fashion houses, fashion vocabulary, etc.
- Conduct regular trainings and meetings with the store’s teams to drive both business initiatives and in-store learning.
- Recruit, retain, coach and develop top level
- Ensure effective onboarding and training of new hires, utilizing all company tools.
- Deliver regular feedback to partners in the field and headquarters.
- Collaborate with in-store peer leadership to align on strategies and work as one team.
- Possess a strong understanding of 4-wall product feedback and product needs.
- Track monthly results and trends for business forecasting
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years experience creating and delivering on key initiatives and goals.
- 5+ years experience working in the luxury space in a client facing role and a true love of fashion required
- Possess current knowledge of fashion trends and competition in the marketplace
- Team player able to work effectively and collaboratively across all departments to meet goals and deadlines.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Sign on and retention bonus package valued at $2000 to be paid in two equal installments. The first $1000 will be paid in the first full pay period after 30 calendar days of active employment or the store opening date, whichever comes last. The second $1000 will be paid in the first full pay period after 120 calendar days of active employment or the store opening date, whichever comes last. Bonus is only payable if the employee is in good standing continuously through the date each payment is made. Offers are valid for employees who start on or between June 28, 2021 and August 31, 2021. Start date for new hires is subject to satisfactory clearance of the background check. Company delays to the start date will not impair eligibility for payout.
*Terms and conditions apply.
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.