The Manager of Fine Jewelry & Watches, Luxury Consignment Office (LCO) at The RealReal will oversee operations from the Midtown location, from receiving, to authentication and pricing, and cataloging, while ensuring quality, productivity, and oversee our consignor Service Level Agreements (SLA)
You are a leader and collaborator who identifies opportunities, strives for business success and develops achievable strategies. You will manage a mid-size team and high growth department; training, motivating and inspiring a team of Fine Jewelry and Watch Valuation Managers and Specialists. You have a passion for mentoring your team and setting them up for success. Above all, you embody The RealReal’s culture through collaboration, driving results and building for the future.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Create a work environment that ensures a high level of employee engagement and accountability
- Oversee and maintain administrative duties such as scheduling, time off, attendance tracking, new hire onboarding and training
- Set targets and metrics, monitor and report on daily performance to ensure quality and productivity goals are achieved and the smooth resolution of exceptions; anticipate and manage pipeline and product flow accordingly from the LCO to Ecommerce
- Partner with the LCO operations team to maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA), manage product shifts, and ensure staffing across all Luxury Consignment Office New York area locations
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive content and consistency in expert experience and assist with escalations
- Establish goals that align with and promote Company quality and Consignor and Customer expectation
- Foster and build a high caliber team with dedication to operational excellence; aim to meet or exceed Consignor and Customer expectations by providing outstanding customer service
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years management experience with teams larger than 30
- Production environment or e-commerce experience preferred
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills with a strong commitment to action
- The capability to handle ambiguity and be flexible to changing needs and priorities
- The ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks and/or escalate issues
- Strong organizational and communication skills to work effectively and collaboratively in teams to meet shared goals and deadlines, and foster cross-functional partnerships
- Technical proficiency to understand manufacturing and material details, interpret test results, and grasp secondary market pricing principles preferred
- Graduate Gemology diploma and/or other jewelry certifications preferred
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.