The Orchard is looking for a Senior/Lead Software Engineer to join our development team.
What You'll Do
- Work with a cross-functional team to build products that empower artists and record labels across the globe
- Contribute to all tiers of our architecture to produce high quality, robust user experiences
- Write clean, tested, maintainable code
- Work closely with product management to understand client requirements
- Design, communicate and execute a vision in collaboration with your team and other teams across the technology organization
- Participate in re-architecture, refinement and technical design of various systems
- Mentor more junior engineers and contribute to a culture of continuous learning
Who You Are
- Extensive experience architecting and leading implementation of distributed systems
- Experience building complex frontend applications (we use TypeScript, React, and GraphQL)
- Experience with various database technologies and query language (we use Neo4j, Kafka, MySQL, Snowflake, Elasticsearch, and more)
- Familiar with low-latency techniques to help improve page load time and reliability
- Extensive experience with microservices, APIs, and related standards such as REST, HTTP, and OAuth
- Comfortable with AWS Cloud technologies
- Experience using log analysis to investigate bugs and performance issues
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience working in an agile team
The Ideal Candidate
- Can mobilize teams around a vision and help lead execution of that vision
- Experience with data modeling and schema design of real world use cases
- Defines best practices and standards within the team and helps build tooling to make those
easy to follow
- Proactive problem solving
- Experience optimizing tables, schemas and data structures
- Ability to determine sensible KPIs and optimize against them
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
Our Hybrid with Flexibility approach combines the flexibility of remote working with the benefits of in-person collaboration whenever we need to come together to do our best work. Managers will partner with their teams and employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business, team, and individual needs.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $155,000 to $190,000. This range does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and the location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job.