As a paid part-time employee of The Orchard, you’ll be an advocate for artists that The Orchard distributes. You’ll promote 3-6 artists per month, as well as one-off promotions as they arise, in your college town and on campus by implementing digital and in-person marketing strategies. You’ll be a tastemaker in your market by working with local businesses, record stores, DJs, promoters, campus organizations, etc. You’ll be in charge of hosting listening events, organizing campus activations, and creating digital content for social media that directly supports The Orchard’s artists. Your focus will be on new releases and tour support for artists covering a wide range of genres. You’ll gain first hand music industry experience and be on the forefront of upcoming artists and new music.
Start Date: May 2022
WHAT'LL YOU DO:
- Organically create awareness of The Orchard’s artists by liaising with and building relationships with influencers in your markets such as: your college radio station, DJs, student organizations, college newspaper and local sites to exploit all opportunities for exposure such as reviews, radio plays, and interviews
- Create and maintain a local social media presence that promotes the artists you’ll be working with, utilizing a mix of digital assets that are supplied to you and creating your own content to support The Orchard’s artists
- Implement in-person marketing initiatives at record stores, lifestyle shops, and on campus*
- Research appropriate online sites, forums, and networks for the key 18-24yr old demographic for each artist
- Research & attend local and campus events that will best facilitate the promotion of our artists*
- Attend our artists' shows to hand out promotional tools and get feedback from fans*
- Submit a detailed report on your marketing successes and initiatives for each campaign you run
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are an Undergraduate Student currently enrolled in a 4 year university in Nashville with a minimum of 2 years left prior to graduation
- You are able to manage your own hours and be accountable for the work assigned to you
- You have a passion for music, an understanding of how your peers discover and consume music, and a deep interest in music business & marketing
- You have an understanding of social media marketing, you stay current on trends, and you have an active presence creating content on TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- You have availability of 20 hours per week
- You’re well-written, well-spoken, a team player, and an excellent communicator
- You have transportation methods and live within 30 minutes of Nashville
- You have a flexible schedule for team conference calls and tour coverage
WHAT WE GIVE YOU:
- You will gain real world music industry experience that will be a great addition to your resume
- You have the opportunity to express your creativity through your locally run social channels, in our team brainstorms, and in your concert/album reviews
- You’ll have access to inside information that will improve your marketing outreach
- You’ll receive free ticket(s) into our artists’ shows & possible meet and greet passes*
- You’ll build valuable relationships within your local music industry
- + many more!
*The Orchard is following COVID-19 guidelines and all in-person marketing initiatives are on hold until further notice.
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that an applicant will be considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna), or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine). The Company will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for documented medical reasons and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law. Please do not include proof of vaccine status or any indication of a possible request for an accommodation when submitting your application materials. If applicable, the Company will follow up with you directly to request proof of vaccination and to discuss any potential accommodations.