This Senior Label Manager, GSA will be based out of our Berlin OR Hamburg office.
This position will manage an assigned roster of labels at the industry's leading independent music distributor and label services company. This person should have strong passion, knowledge, network and excitement for independent music and label development, an understanding of the current retail landscape and opportunities, experience with metadata best practices, a creative spirit, and solid communication skills.
A passion for music and the industry are a must. Your professional and confident approach will enable you to build and maintain incredibly strong relationships with labels and artist management, as well as key external partners, agencies and suppliers. The Orchard is a fast-paced environment, you’ll have plenty of support but we’ll also need you to stand on your own two feet, to work independently, conscientiously and with an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Skepta, Jorja Smith, Noel Gallagher, NSG, Albert Hammond Jr. and Ezra Collective. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, our focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
What You'll Do:
- Manage day to day relationships with an assigned roster of distributed independent labels and support
- Collaborate with labels and internal departments to help create and execute release development plans and strategies
- Track pre- and post-release drivers and successes in internal and external priority campaign marketing documents and recaps
- Work across departments to create strategies and campaigns to develop the catalog of assigned label roster
- Liaise with all internal departments (from finance and marketing to legal and management) to ensure labels’ business needs are met, as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels’ interests
- Responsible for verifying audio, video, metadata and artwork in accordance with The Orchard’s content guidelines and style guide conventions
- Process deletions, take downs, pricing adjustments, DSP and territories adjustments, and any updates required of existing catalog
- Manage complex digital release set-ups in accordance with label and campaign specified needs
- Utilise The Orchard’s internal data and analytics tools to inform marketing and sales decisions
- Ensure the global sales and marketing organisation has all assets to properly solicit and market priority releases
- Drive product adoption of The Orchards tools and services across the label base
- 5+ years experience working with digital & physical distribution
- Great understanding of metadata requirements and digital operation
- Genre expertise in Rap / HipHop
- Advanced organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise to tight deadlines, stay cool under pressure, and hold oneself accountable to results
- Awareness of changes and developments in the industry
- Fluent in German and English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively both internally and externally
- Supreme attention to detail is critical
- Good understanding of Excel is preferable
Who You Are:
- Patient and empathetic
- Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic with a desire to understand the needs of labels
- A brilliant all round communicator - on phone, email and in person
- Efficient when it comes to completing tasks and a great team player
- Resourceful and takes the initiative - an expert troubleshooter
- Passionate about music and the music industry with a willingness to attend events and shows
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends