Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America. Sony Music Entertainment is seeking an individual to help work on initiatives related to The Orchard and its products.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, John Prine, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
We are hiring a Data Engineer to join our London office.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contribute to a music insights platform used by thousands of record labels and recording artists across the globe
- Build fast analytics API services that power highly polished UI experiences for mobile and web
- Build and maintain data pipelines that process hundreds of millions of rows per day
- Explore new ways of processing, storing, and delivering data
- Make recommendations on data platform architecture
- Collaborate with a talented team of engineers and designers
- Communicate technical vision and decision making
- Work with modern tools in a highly-collaborative, Agile environment
- Write clean, well-tested, performant code in a CI/CD environment
- Hands on experience with 3+ database technologies (SQL, noSQL, distributed, columnar, graph, etc.)
- Experience managing a data warehouse (Snowflake is a big plus)
- Proven experience with ETL frameworks (Airflow, Luigi, SWF, etc.)
- Experience designing noSQL schemas for analytics use cases
- Experience with real time data technologies (Kafka, Spark, Kinesis, etc.)
- Experience building fast, scalable web applications powered by big data
- Proficient in scripting language of choice (Python is preferred)
- Ability to write automated tests (unit, functional, and integration) to ensure code works as expected.
- Eager to teach and mentor other engineers
- Desire to collaborate with other engineers through peer code reviews
- Deep understanding of data structures and schema design
- Detail-oriented, proactive problem solving skills
- Experience working within the digital music industry
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.