Since 2011, THE ICONIC has redefined the future of retail in Australia and New Zealand. As the #1 fashion e-commerce & lifestyle destination in the region, our e-commerce platforms provide an inspiring and seamless end-to-end customer experience through our own technology innovations.
The Brand & Media team ensures THE ICONIC is truly iconic through creating and implementing the Masterbrand strategy. We ensure every part of THE ICONIC is united in achieving our purpose from the inside out and we deliver our work through the lens’ of our values ; Dream Big, Customer Obsessed, Style in All We Do, People Are Our Biggest Asset & Stronger together.
We are currently on the look out for our next SEM Media Lead. This role involves leading full funnel ICONIC BAU performance SEM campaigns, across seasonal GTM and brand awareness campaigns. We are looking for a technical but creatively curious individual with a passion for SEM that also understands its role as part of the broader full funnel customer journey, across MarTech & other paid and earned channels.
- Campaign Management: Managing the day-to-day activities across Google and Microsoft Ads (Text Ads, Shopping, DSA & PMAX). This includes campaign planning, implementation, optimisation and performance review of all campaigns. Execute day-to-day tactics that increase traffic, improve conversion rates and ultimately maximise efficiencies.
- Budget Management & Forecasting: Manage budgets effectively, ensuring efficient allocation of resources across campaigns and channels. Forecast, monitor and adjust budgets based on performance metrics, sales goals, and seasonality.
- Strategy Development: Develop and execute comprehensive SEM strategies aligned with the overall marketing goals of THE ICONIC.
- Testing & Experimentation: Designing and running experiments across the channel to constantly push Paid Search boundaries.
- Ad Copy & Creative Development: Develop compelling ad copy and creative assets that resonate with the target audience. Conduct A/B testing to optimize ad elements for improved click-through (CTRs) and conversion rates.
- Keyword Planning & Coverage: Regularly conduct keyword research, including discovery and expansion, and ensure full keyword coverage across all brands and categories.
- Data-driven Approach: Look for opportunities to leverage business data and apply it to SEM to achieve key business objectives.
- Competitor Intelligence: Conduct regular competitor analysis to stay informed about industry trends, and benchmark performance, and identify new opportunities.
- Performance Analysis & Reporting: Regular reporting on key performance indicators and broader macroeconomic insights - to the wider Marketing team and feeding into the Executive team analysis on a weekly basis. Critical lead into weekly Exec pack document.
- Collaboration with Cross-Functional Teams: Work closely with other teams, including , Brand and Media team (SEO, Paid digital, social and programmatic ) Product, Data, Finance, Category Management, CRM, and other departments to improve performance and foster collaboration.
- Stay Updated on Industry Trends: Stay abreast of industry changes, Google & Microsoft Ads platform updates, and emerging trends in SEM and digital marketing. Always be at the forefront of best practices and innovative approaches to maintain a competitive edge.
- Training and Development: Provide training and mentorship to the junior SEM specialist. Stay informed about the latest developments in SEM and always share knowledge and external learnings from publishers with the team.
- Publisher Partnerships: Collaborate with the Paid Performance Manager and Head of Media to lead strategic relationships with SEM vendors (Google & Microsoft Ads), ensuring alignment with business goals, driving innovation and maximising value. Manage day to day of publisher partnerships ensuring we build out positive relationships and market leading opportunities for the wider business.
What does it take to succeed in the role?
- Minimum 4-5 years of SEM experience.
- Passionate about Search and Digital Marketing and a keen follower of current trends in the industry.
- Experience working hands-on with Google Adwords and Adwords Editor.
- Experience with Bid Management tools such as SA360, Marin or Kenshoo.
- Experience working with product feed and a strong understanding of feed management.
- Experience managing mid/large scale accounts & budgets.
- Knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics.
- Strong attention to detail and comfortable working with large amounts of data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience working with Pivot Tables and more advanced functions.
- Possess critical thinking skills and have the ability to turn data into actionable insights.
- Ability to work in a team environment, collaborate with colleagues and be willing to learn new things with a positive attitude.
- High energy and driven to keep improving skills and strive and the best in the market.
- Ability to prioritise and work efficiently in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of online retail and a strong interest in fashion (bonus but not necessary).
Life at THE ICONIC
From our ways of working to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! People are our greatest asset and our ICONITE experience is designed to empower you to do your best work.
Here’s what to expect when you join THE ICONIC:
- Flexible working. We offer a hybrid and flexible working model so you can do your best work in a way that works for you
- The learning collective. Get your knowledge fix with our learning days, hackathons and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Parents at THE ICONIC. Access to our parental leave program and an extra day off for your kids' first day of school every year
- Birthday leave. Enjoy a paid day off for your birthday and an ICONIC voucher to treat yourself
- Curate your style. No matter what your style is, we have got you covered with our Amazing staff discount and our famous sample sales
- Wellbeing. Access to our discounted gym memberships and wellbeing programs
- People first. Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- Volunteer days. Work as a Charity Partner with Thread Together for society and environmental change.
- Furry friend. We are a dog friendly office for anyone who wants to bring their fur baby to work.
- Refer a friend. Enjoy a $4,000 referral reward for successfully placing a referral
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: firstname.lastname@example.org