The Brattle Group, a privately held, global economics consulting firm, is looking for a Finance Operations Administrator to join our Chicago, IL or Boston, MA office. This position is accountable for supporting the monthly reporting and analysis processes, maintaining financial models and administration and the tracking of various financial measures. The incumbent regularly handles materials of confidential nature and will often support time sensitive projects.
Some day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Track and maintain revenue allocations for all projects and tasks, follow-up on missing allocations, and prepare and post monthly related reports
- Track marketing fee agreements and allocations, prepare monthly marketing fee accrual, and quarterly marketing fee payouts
- Prepare monthly project revenue forecast files, track and follow-up on forecast submissions, compile forecast data and prepare monthly reports
- Review and follow up on missing project information used for financial reporting
- Review projects with fixed fee and budget caps and proactively report on potential overruns
- Maintain staffing and capacity models and update inputs on an ongoing basis
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of plan vs. actual for staffing, capacity and costs
- Prepare and distribute weekly hours reports
- Support ad hoc requests for hours data and analysis
- Prepare appendices and supporting documents to monthly financial overviews
- Support preparation of presentations, spreadsheets and/or reports for management groups, committees, meetings and retreats
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in finance, accounting or business related field
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional related experience preferred, experience in a professional services work environment a plus
- Strong MS Excel skills – Intermediate to Advanced
- Fundamental knowledge of SQL
- Experience with creating dashboards using visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.) a plus
- Experience with MS Dynamics SL a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to handle numerous projects and deliverables concurrently
- Strong attention to detail and follow through on project deliverables
- Ability to build rapport with teams and internal clients
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Occasional travel may be required
- COVID Vaccine Required*
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should submit a request for accommodation by contacting Recruiting@Brattle.com
The Brattle Group answers complex economic, finance, and regulatory questions for corporations, law firms, and governments around the world. We are distinguished by the clarity of our insights and the credibility of our experts, which include leading international academics and industry specialists. Brattle has over 400 talented professionals across four continents. For more information, please visit our website.
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, domestic partner status, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or HIV status (AIDS/HIV status), genetic information, sexual orientation, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, drug or alcohol abuse or alcoholism, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
We encourage all applicants to click here to review our full Equal Employer Opportunity Statement and here for more information on our commitment to promoting equity and inclusion across all identities and experiences.