The Brattle Group, a privately held, global economics consulting firm, is looking for a Contracts Specialist to join our Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, Toronto, ON or Washington, DC office. The Contracts Specialist will be part of the Legal Department and will work closely with other members within the Legal Department to provide guidance on a range of legal matters to the rest of the firm. The Contracts Specialist will have significant interaction with the firm’s domestic and international consulting and corporate services staff, as well as external law firm personnel and client procurement departments. As the firm grows, this position offers increasing responsibility and challenging work to the right candidate.
The Contracts Specialist will provide a full range of legal support services including contract drafting and negotiation. This role will be responsible for contract negotiations, administration of the firm’s corporate existence, and providing support on other business and legal issues.
Some of the day-to-day responsibilities of this role include:
- Draft, review, negotiate and prepare for execution a wide spectrum of consulting client and corporate vendor contracts (e.g. engagement letters, master services and subcontractor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, software/data license agreements, vendor and other corporate contracts)
- Collaborate with consulting project managers on contract- and corporate-related portions of proposals and responses to Request for Proposals to prospective clients;
- Work directly with senior management to appropriately manage potential risks of consulting engagements
- Use a wide range of specialized knowledge to provide legal support services in a timely manner
- Collaborate with consulting, accounting, and administrative staff to ensure contract compliance
The ideal candidate will possess intellectual curiosity and innovative problem solving skills and will have the ability to think both independently and beyond the assignment given. This candidate should also have a professional approach to their written and verbal communications. The position requires strong organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to handle numerous, time-sensitive projects and deliverables concurrently.
Other requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of experience in a contracts administration or paralegal role (in-house counsel support or law firm experience preferred)
- Experience reviewing and negotiating contract terms and conditions (including federal contracts), Non-Disclosure Agreements (including Protective Orders), and Requests for Proposals
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Windows
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to build positive relationships with senior-level consultants and across all corporate services groups
- High degree of ownership and commitment
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and must have the ability to triage multiple issues and tasks
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communication, and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop working knowledge about the firm’s client engagements
- Impeccable moral and ethical standards and an ability to exercise appropriate judgment and comply with confidentiality obligations
- Candidate will be responsible for supporting all Brattle offices and may need to be flexible with their schedule in order to accommodate domestic and international offices in alternate time zones
- COVID Vaccine Required for US based roles*
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should submit a request for accommodation by contacting Recruiting@Brattle.com
The Brattle Group answers complex economic, finance, and regulatory questions for corporations, law firms, and governments around the world. We are distinguished by the clarity of our insights and the credibility of our experts, which include leading international academics and industry specialists. Brattle has over 400 talented professionals across four continents. For more information, please visit our website.
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, domestic partner status, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or HIV status (AIDS/HIV status), genetic information, sexual orientation, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, drug or alcohol abuse or alcoholism, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
We encourage all applicants to click here to review our full Equal Employer Opportunity Statement and here for more information on our commitment to promoting equity and inclusion across all identities and experiences.