Head of Design at Yoodli
Who we are:
At Yoodli, we’re building AI technology to help people improve their public speaking and
communication skills in a judgment free way. We believe that nobody should miss out on
opportunities they deserve because of how they communicate. We’re a fast growing startup backed
by Madrona Venture Group, the Paul Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence, and several other
leading investors. Our founding team includes alumni from GoogleX, Apple, and Meta. You can use
the product live at www.yoodli.ai and read more in this media article.
You care deeply about helping people communicate better. You’re obsessed with the user
experience and believe that everything stems from solving the user problem. You pay deep attention
to detail, enjoy wearing several hats at once, and thrive in uncertain and dynamic environments. The
thought of building a product from 0 to 1 motivates you! As our lead designer (and first design hire!),
you’re excited to experiment and iterate at a rapid pace while also building out our long term design
● Work across product and engineering to define and drive our UI/ UX roadmap
● Conceptualize, prototype, and build end-to-end design workflows across multiple surfaces
(web, mobile etc.)
● Lead customer research calls to iterate on user flows and A/B test new features
● Build our design philosophy - ensure the entire product adheres to our design framework
● Have fun and drive our team culture :)
● 3-5 years of product design experience in a fast-paced (ideally startup) environment
● Experience designing production-quality UI/UX workflows. This includes the information
architecture, user flows, wireframes, and visual design
● Fluency in industry-standard design tools and frameworks such as Figma/Sketch, Material UI
and the Adobe Suite
● Experience collaborating with cross functional teams (especially front end engineers)
● A portfolio consisting of refined product design case studies and branding projects
What’s in it for you?
● Huge impact opportunity: Build and scale a company from the ground up
● Drive the design vision in an extremely rich problem space that affects millions of people
● The opportunity to build and grow a team
● Growth and equity opportunities at a venture backed startup
Become a Yoodler! Make friends, learn new skills, and become a better communicator while
prioritizing fun! :)
More questions? Reach out at email@example.com.
A note about diversity:
We believe incorporating diverse viewpoints early on is key to building an inclusive culture and a
transformative product. If you think you might have a diverse perspective to share, we're eager to
hear it. We hope you will apply.
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our
wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal
entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national
origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status,
and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion
among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spinouts, and we seek to
recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our
incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to get started?
Please complete the form below with your contact information, resume, and design portfolio. We
hope to talk with you soon!