Each year people are diagnosed with cancer, autoimmune diseases, and more. The immune system is the ultimate determinant of health and disease; however, it remains a black box. Leveraging our AI-first technology, we want to provide high-resolution understandings of the immune system to fully unlock its power. And with your help, we can do it.
From technology built and proven at Fred Hutch, Ozette is creating a revolutionary immune profiling platform to turn data into actionable insights. Our software is integral to our mission and enhancing insights by 10x in volume and resolution—scientists, clinicians and our teams—will accelerate breakthroughs to drive better patient outcomes.
Ozette's collaborative platform enables unprecedented transparency and reproducibility through its version controlled analysis pipeline. It is built on Typescript and React/RecoilJS and our backend APIs are written in Python/Flask, primarily, with most data stored in PostgreSQL and S3.
Our founders are leading experts in data science and medicine and we are backed by some of the best technology investors, including Madrona Venture Group (first investors in Amazon), Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen’s Institute for Artificial Intelligence, and Vulcan Capital. If you’re passionate about leveraging technology to improve health, explore joining our innovative, creative team. Recognizing that the best candidates do not always match all criteria of the job description, we encourage you to apply if you think you would be a good fit for the role and are inspired by our mission.
Open Opportunity: Vice President of Engineering
- Build and implement systems that will improve understanding of human disease and accelerate development of therapies based on biological insights from immune profiling.
- Shape and support our company vision and day-to-day operations as a member of our leadership team.
- Lead a team of top-performing engineers and develop team capabilities through hiring, mentoring, and hands-on management.
- Work with your team to define an operational pace that balances high output with sustainable development.
- Work collaboratively with teams of experts across a variety of fields, such as engineering, bioinformatics, immunology, and translational science.
- 15+ years of experience in development and leadership, focusing on cloud-based systems and enterprise SaaS.
- Demonstrate a rich portfolio showing the ability to turn ideas into engaging products.
- Possess a deep understanding of the entire software delivery lifecycle.
- Can break down complex software goals into strategic themes and set direction.
- Have a thoughtful and proven approach to building and developing top-performing teams.
- Are collaborative and excited to share domain expertise across teams.
- Are interested in how life-changing science drives product development.
- Have a commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion.
Not an immunology expert? That’s Ok. We learn and grow as a team through knowledge sharing.
Why you will love working here:
Ozette is dedicated to building a world-class science and technology team known for its products and services, high standards, employee development and retention. At the heart of great companies are great teams. We strive to give you everything you need to thrive at work and beyond. We offer full benefits, hybrid office schedule with many employees opting for full-time remote, honor all 11 federal holidays + an additional extra day off for every holiday, plan company wide respites during Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years, and offer a 'take what you need' vacation policy.
As an early stage employee you will help set standards and mental models that set foundations for the future, be they product, culture, or operations related. Exercise your skills across a breadth of responsibilities and evolve your role as the company grows. You will work on some of the most exciting initiatives that bridge AI/ML with hard science, packaged with a brilliant user experience.
Our work and teams thrive most when we are diverse and inclusive, so we take equal opportunity seriously. We commit to fostering a respectful, diverse, and inclusive environment where all team members can contribute and develop to their fullest potential. We welcome individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities to join our community.