Who We Are
Unwrap.ai is on a mission to make every company more customer centric. We do this by helping people automatically process customer feedback to glean meaningful insights. Our founder, an ex-Amazon Alexa Product Manager, was tired of manually sifting through customer reviews, support tickets, and bugs while working on Alexa. He understood the importance of listening to customers and prioritizing their requests effectively, but simply had too much feedback to parse through. So, Unwrap.ai was born inside the Allen Institute to solve this problem. Specifically, at Unwrap we’re using NLP to automatically cluster, tag, and analyze customer feedback to help product and engineering teams build what customers want. The ultimate goal is to make companies more customer centric and focus on the product improvements that matter most. We’re currently a team of 2, and are looking for a founding engineer to lead the technical direction of the company.
Our Investors and Advisors
We are a seed-stage company backed by leading funds including the AI2 seed fund. We have strong connections with well-known VC funds and world-renowned advisors.
We are seeking an experienced engineer at the co-founder level to set the technical direction of the company, recruit world-class engineers, and work on cutting-edge NLP technology. The successful candidate will be involved in all components of the company, but will focus primarily on:
- Building out a world-class engineering team
- Building the early prototypes of the product, including iterating on our current ML classifier and our user-facing product
- Help shape the overall direction and strategy of the company
What You Get
- Ground floor impact at a seed-stage startup with tremendous latitude over technical strategy and approach
- Significant founder-level equity
- Ability to advance your career alongside company growth
- Collaborate with experienced teammates, entrepreneurs, and advisors at the Allen Institute for AI and with our academic institutions
- Competitive pay, benefits, and stock options commensurate with a seed-stage venture-backed company
- You are genuinely excited about the prospect of making companies more customer-centric
- You have significant expertise running software engineering teams. You still write code, and do so regularly
- You have strong programming skills in full-stack development with demonstrable experience developing, prototyping, and deploying real-world products. Experience deploying, monitoring and maintaining production ML models is a major plus.
- You bring an independent and entrepreneurial attitude, and are excited about working in a fast-paced, uncertain, and big-vision environment. Evidence of previous entrepreneurial or independent project work is a major plus
- The ideal candidate has experience in applied NLP, and has experience in building and deploying NLP products
- You are authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
At the AI2 Incubator, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in our wider entrepreneurship community. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal entrepreneurial support opportunities are available to all founders without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our founders is critical to the success of our incubator and our spin-outs, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Invitation to our incubator program is decided purely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.