Who You Are:
Do you like working with cutting edge computer hardware? Do you want to support some of the top minds in the Artificial Intelligence field? The Allen Institute for AI (AI2) is looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. We are building the systems that powers our research, both in the cloud and on site. If you join our team, you will contributing to the creation of high impact, world changing research by providing IT support across the entire organization.
At AI2, you will not only be working with a group of talented engineers, but with some of the top AI researchers in the world. We have projects on understanding and answering real-world questions, learning from pictures and videos, and building the world’s best academic search engine. As an IT Support Engineer on the infrastructure team, you would have the chance to learn about and support all of these projects.
Your Next Challenge:
- Providing IT support for all of local and remote employees
- Providing IT and AV support for online meetings and talks and presentations
- Provisioning advanced GPU hardware for cutting edge research
- Troubleshooting and maintaining our internal systems and equipment
- Administering and supporting our software subscriptions
- Asset, account, user and permission management
- Creating automation for performing repetitive tasks
What You’ll Need:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- 2-5+ years in an IT engineer or IT support role
- Experience administering MacOS. (Linux and Windows operating administration would be preferred as well.)
- Experience troubleshooting both personal and server hardware
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure)
- Experience installing, working with and troubleshooting GPUs is preferred.
Who We Are:
The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence is a non-profit research institute in Seattle founded by Paul Allen and headed by Professor Oren Etzioni. The core mission of AI2 is to contribute to humanity through high-impact research in artificial intelligence.
In addition to AI2’s core mission, we also aim to contribute to humanity through our treatment of each member of the AI2 Team. Some highlights are:
- We are a learning organization – because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class AI experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is place where you will have opportunities to continue learning alongside your coworkers.
- We value diversity - We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion - We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance – we believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we value powerful research results which drive our mission forward, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative and transparent – we consider ourselves a team, all moving with a common purpose. We are quick to cheer our successes, and even quicker to share and jointly problem solve our failures.
- We are in Seattle – and our office is on the water! We have mountains, we have lakes, we have four seasons, we bike to work, we have a vibrant theater scene, and we have so much else. We even have kayaks for you to paddle right outside our front door. We welcome interest from applicants from outside of the United States.
- We are friendly – chances are you will like every one of the 100+ (and growing) people who work here. We do.
AI2 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.