Associate, AI2 Incubator
Artificial Intelligence is changing everything. We’re taking these breakthrough technologies and turning them into exciting startups!
The AI2 Incubator is a one-of-a-kind place to build an AI-first company. We are an initiative of the Allen Institute for AI—a leading A.I. research institute with 150+ A.I. PhDs, researchers, engineers, and support staff.
Each year, we invite talented entrepreneurs, researchers, and engineers to join our incubator on a rolling basis. We help them come up with ideas, find co-founders, engage pilot customers, define their product, incorporate the latest A.I. techniques into their technology, and raise millions of dollars in venture funding.
We also invest up to $800,000 into the companies we work with. This investment capital comes from some of the best investors in the world including Madrona, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, and Two Sigma Ventures.
We are a diverse team with an inclusive culture that seeks a variety of viewpoints and perspectives. We take a collaborative approach to sourcing, evaluating and building new startups, and work as a team to help our startups grow. We love what we do, have fun, and respect each other, our portfolio company teams, and our role in the community.
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT
Our job is to invent the future. This place can be described as a "magic factory" and many of our friends in the press seem to agree:
You should apply for this role if you get excited about startups and early stage investing, love new technology and building products, and are energized by the idea of working with entrepreneurs every day. You will be a true core teammate of the incubator, and your opinions/perspectives will be deeply valued and respected.
You will work closely alongside all other members of the incubator team including our investors, A.I. experts, technical and engineering experts, product designers, legal team, and executive leadership. You will also work closely with our amazing group of founders. Some of our past and present entrepreneurs include people like linkedin.com/in/alessya, linkedin.com/in/umarag, linkedin.com/in/lekshmivenu, linkedin.com/in/jamienmccullum, linkedin.com/in/matthewwhitehill, linkedin.com/in/jordanritter/, linkedin.com/in/deliprao, and more.
You will participate in each stage of the company building progress—from interview to investment.
- You will help us source/screen potential entrepreneurs for our program, both experienced and beginners.
- You will work closely with these entrepreneurs to support their customer discovery process, market research efforts, and concept/prototype testing.
- As these new startups take shape, you will also help these entrepreneurs to interface with our extended community of experienced advisors, investors, and corporate partners.
- As these startups head into the final stages of incubation, you will collaborate with our core team to help these new companies prepare to raise millions of dollars in venture funding.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- The candidates we hope to meet with will likely have 5-7 years of work experience.
- Experience with A.I. is NOT required. We have close to 200 experts on the technology/research side of the house, and with this role, we are adding to our business/product capabilities.
- Strong analytical abilities and capability to create strategic analyses such as market sizing or competitive landscape mapping (such as from experience at a major investment bank, consulting firm, or tech company).
- Some understanding of technology companies, startups, growth strategies, and entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and drive towards operating in uncertainty, getting things done with limited resources, and going deep quickly in a variety of categories.
- Passion and curiosity for technology, solving customer pain points, and building great products.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills—with a real knack for working with and understanding people.
- We will consider remote candidates, but we have a strong preference for teammates willing to be in Seattle nearly full time.
- We are a learning organization—because everything AI2 does is ground-breaking, we are learning every day. Similarly, through weekly AI2 Academy lectures, a wide variety of world-class A.I. experts as guest speakers, and our commitment to your personal on-going education, AI2 is a place where you will have opportunities to continue learning.
- We value diversity—We seek to hire, support, and promote people from all genders, ethnicities, and all levels of experience regardless of age. We particularly encourage applications from women, non-binary individuals, people of color, members of the LGBTQA+ community, and people with disabilities of any kind.
- We value inclusion—We understand the value that people's individual experiences and perspectives can bring to an organization, and we are building a culture in which all voices are heard, respected and considered.
- We emphasize a healthy work/life balance—We believe our team members are happiest and most productive when their work/life balance is optimized. While we are definitely “startup people”, we also value dinner with family, weekend time, and vacation time. We offer generous paid vacation and sick leave as well as family leave.
- We are collaborative and transparent—We have one common purpose: Build the next wave of world-changing, AI-first startups. We are quick to cheer successes and even quicker to jointly problem-solve our shared failures.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity employer—We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at 206-548-5600.